• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

I been given 40mg of Prozac, for starting a starting dose.

Zipsayain

Zipsayain

I been given 40mg of Prozac, for starting dose. I would of thought 20mg would be a good start.
Has anyone ever started at this dose?

N

NoOne5

That sounds like too high of a starting dose. I started off at 10 mg. Please talk to your doctor about that. Scary. I know it's hard to question your doctor though. :hug: Good luck and Welcome to the forum. :goodluck::welcome:

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

Never heard of that before. However, I have my own (non-scientific) reasons for wondering whether starting at a high dose might be good.

I did very well on Prozac, for a long time, but I felt really bad for the first day or two.

Zipsayain

Zipsayain

the doctor that prescribe the prozac was just GP. That was reviewing my Blood work that was done. And I had another doctors appointment that a hole week away. So basically I didn't want to wait a hole week. So I ask there something we could do to get the ball rolling. I went to the pharmacy and saw it was 40mg. And so I guess fate will make me wait a hole week.
So after a week I did the video chat and he put me on Mirtazaipine.
And yes. He was glad i didn't try the 40mg. Which I pretty much knew.