I applied for a job

SoftRain

SoftRain

I was searching online and found an office mental health job as an LPN in my town. The only thing is it's full time. Days no weekend or holidays. I went ahead and applied. If I get an interview I can find out about it to see if it's the right fit. My first concern will be the stress level. I always liked office nursing quite a bit. Really depends on what kind of work it entails. Some things stress me more then others.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I sometimes apply for jobs, and then later on think it was a mistake, and i am not ready for it.

If you are called for interview, it is good practice, and you never know if it is a really good opportunity.

Once you get a paycheck at the end of the month, it can be sweet.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Yay for you

I got a job sort of

Two months later - just more Fail :(

Meh life is so hard with MI.

But it was good while it lasted a Huge Step forward x

Go for it!!!

SoftRain

SoftRain

Lol $$$
Thanks Burt! Interview won't hurt and I'm into psychology. Since I've had problems myself I can certainly relate to the pain people are going through.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Softrain,
Good luck, hope you get an interview.
Take care

D

Dottyone

I sometimes apply for jobs, and then later on think it was a mistake, and i am not ready for it.

If you are called for interview, it is good practice, and you never know if it is a really good opportunity.

Once you get a paycheck at the end of the month, it can be sweet.

Burt i know what you mean, wanting to work and being able are two different things.

SoftRain

SoftRain

Yay for you

I got a job sort of

Two months later - just more Fail :(

Meh life is so hard with MI.

But it was good while it lasted a Huge Step forward x

Go for it!!!
Do you not have the job now?
I have been out of nursing for several years but I have 14 years experience. Things can change so quickly in the medical field. I'm very nervous about entering again.

And thank you BDU!
To be successful I probably would be better off taking it low with just two days to begin with. This job just sounded interesting.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Do you not have the job now?
I have been out of nursing for several years but I have 14 years experience. Things can change so quickly in the medical field. I'm very nervous about entering again.

And thank you BDU!
To be successful I probably would be better off taking it low with just two days to begin with. This job just sounded interesting.
No I don't

:( long story busted computer

A lot has happened I want to record Job Loss being one of them

5 years of MI has bought on arthritis so bad I am no longer able to work hard physically.: (

SoftRain

SoftRain

No I don't

:( long story busted computer

A lot has happened I want to record Job Loss being one of them

5 years of MI has bought on arthritis so bad I am no longer able to work hard physically.: (
I certainly understand. I used to be able to push pull lift and do that kind of work but I too have a bit of arthritis in my back and had major abdominal surgery. I just can't do that anymore for any length of time. Nor can I do 12 hr shifts. It's to long and that long on my feet will not work. Plus 8 hours of mind work is pushing it for me because of the intensity and I know you understand that. Office work is generally not so physical.
I do hope you find something else that works. If able and we kinda like it it does give us a sense of accomplishment. I tend to overthink ALOT so I'd keep busy.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

I certainly understand. I used to be able to push pull lift and do that kind of work but I too have a bit of arthritis in my back and had major abdominal surgery. I just can't do that anymore for any length of time. Nor can I do 12 hr shifts. It's to long and that long on my feet will not work. Plus 8 hours of mind work is pushing it for me because of the intensity and I know you understand that. Office work is generally not so physical.
I do hope you find something else that works. If able and we kinda like it it does give us a sense of accomplishment. I tend to overthink ALOT so I'd keep busy.
I'm going for an interview w welfare this week for a volunteer role

I've decided I want to work w kids and this will be a Start

If I get accepted I'll be driving at risk kiddies about.

No pay but who knows what it will lead to!

burt tomato

burt tomato

Yes volunteer work can be good. I am trying to do volunteer work, and it could lead to something new.

I also applied to a job in my old profession, but honestly, I am a bit jaded by it all.

Something new and exciting would be cool.

SoftRain

SoftRain

Thank you everyone for the support. Passes out hugs to all sweethearts!
Volunteering is admirable and so good.
BDU I wish you luck on driving the bus. Little kids are good for smiles! My daughter came to get some clothes yesterday and brought her friend. They had a 3 yr old with them. I sat in the middle of the floor and we worked on a magnetic puzzle. Such a cute lil shit! It was rewarding.
About 18 months ago I worked for about 4 months with a young man who was mentally challenged. My job was to take him volunteering and take him around town for social outings. We volunteered at a children's museum for one and it was a lot of fun.
I was having a lot of problems then but they all pretty much disappeared when I went to work with him. The other reason I gave it up it paid very little and I had to use my own vehicle.
Winter is coming and I need to bring in some money. We get no assistance and it's very expensive raising kids. If you can afford volunteering I definitely recommend.