• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I am very depressed and can’t do anything to fix it

D

depressed_person18

I don’t feel like doing anything all day. I can’t focus on one thing. I starve myself and am not drinking enough water because I don’t even feel like doing that either. I have a sore back. I feel so frustrated and want to die badly. I don’t want to tell anyone and never have told anyone. Everyday is pain and frustration. No human connections. Just anger and boredom. I’m gone and there’s no fixing me. It’s why I think so much of suicide. What the hell am I meant to do if I can’t even get out of bed?

vanish

vanish

Staff Member on Leave
Hey depressed_person, just wondering if you've ever seen a doctor about your depression?
Did you injure your back, or could it be sore from being in bed too much?
I really think you should reach out to a physician, as depression can be managed quite successfully. I read you're still in school, it must be frustrating having them closed due to the pandemic. Does your family know you're suffering like this?

Sorry about my post seeming like the Spanish inquisition and all, but I am just trying to understand what offline supports you have.

K

karl7

I don’t feel like doing anything all day. I can’t focus on one thing. I starve myself and am not drinking enough water because I don’t even feel like doing that either. I have a sore back. I feel so frustrated and want to die badly. I don’t want to tell anyone and never have told anyone. Everyday is pain and frustration. No human connections. Just anger and boredom. I’m gone and there’s no fixing me. It’s why I think so much of suicide. What the hell am I meant to do if I can’t even get out of bed?
i know how it feels.....you MUST seek out the help of a psychiatrist.....you need to be open about your problems......get talk therapy and some anti depressants should help.....suiciide is never the answer.....it only hurts deeply those close to you and destroys lifes......seeking out a psychiatrist and tackling these problems of yours are a sign of strength, a strength of character......you must get yourself a therapist

D

depressed_person18

Hey depressed_person, just wondering if you've ever seen a doctor about your depression?
Did you injure your back, or could it be sore from being in bed too much?
I really think you should reach out to a physician, as depression can be managed quite successfully. I read you're still in school, it must be frustrating having them closed due to the pandemic. Does your family know you're suffering like this?

Sorry about my post seeming like the Spanish inquisition and all, but I am just trying to understand what offline supports you have.
Thanks for your reply to my post. I have never told anyone about how I am truly feeling in person. I always lie about it. My family asks ‘are you alright?’ and I reply with ‘yes’ even though I know I’m dying on the inside. I don’t understand why I do this. I’ve been doing it for years.

I don’t do anything all day everyday. It’s either lie down or sit down all day so I can see why my back is so sore. But yet again I have zero energy to do anything so I don’t even feel like doing anything. There’s so much on my mind, so much wrong with me that it’s hard to put into words. There’s like 100 other different problems.

School was really the only escape I had, where I felt slightly better. But now school’s done for good so now all I can do everyday is sit and do nothing except cry about the million problems with me. Both physical and mental.

D

depressed_person18

i know how it feels.....you MUST seek out the help of a psychiatrist.....you need to be open about your problems......get talk therapy and some anti depressants should help.....suiciide is never the answer.....it only hurts deeply those close to you and destroys lifes......seeking out a psychiatrist and tackling these problems of yours are a sign of strength, a strength of character......you must get yourself a therapist
Well thanks for your reply. I don’t know when I’ll be able to see a therapist considering the current global health crisis. But when I’m able to, I wonder if I’ll even see them or just suffer in silence because that’s what I’m used to doing and I don’t have the courage to call up a therapist because of severe anxiety. I hope I can have the courage to do it, but I doubt myself that I can.

D

depressed_person18

so wanna share is there anything atleast one thing that give you happiness or relax you?
If I was not depressed I would play a game but I can’t even be bothered doing that to be honest, I can’t be bothered doing anything at all

I wouldn’t be able to focus on it

N

Nukelavee

The longer you go without trying to focus on anything, or talk to people, the harder it gets to even try to do those things. One of the hardest things about depression is how it anchors us to that specific mood, and makes us forget we can feel better. Depression makes everything feel inevitable.

It's hard to break the stasis, but you can do it. It's hard to start, but you build up momentum.

You need to do small things, just to prove to yourself you can.

D

depressed_person18

With the state I am in therapy seems to be the only option

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

If you don't drink enough and eat something you could pass out or fall in to a coma who will find you?

It's alright to feel not okay all of the time just what's the use in contemplating your own death

You have been given this opportunity at life

Why don't you want to see what each new day brings

Even if your not doing anything new

Maybe a new day could bring about new feelings

I'm in the same flat with my son and boyfriend and today my son is really making me laugh he's been throwing teddies at me jumping on me an I have been laughing so much my belly hurts

He's also been very helpful while I was taking a bath he switched songs for me so my phone didn't get wet

You just have to look for the little things in life

Maybe download some new games to play

Talk to people on here

Eat some ice cream

Make tea or coffee

Have a bath

Style your hair a different way

Pick something nice to wear

Apply makeup?

Play some music

Watch some of your favourite movies

Roll yourself up in a blanket and pretend your an egg roll

Make some food you have never made before

Do some online shopping I love that

Have you bought yourself an Easter egg ready for Easter?

D

depressed_person18

If you don't drink enough and eat something you could pass out or fall in to a coma who will find you?

It's alright to feel not okay all of the time just what's the use in contemplating your own death

You have been given this opportunity at life

Why don't you want to see what each new day brings

Even if your not doing anything new

Maybe a new day could bring about new feelings

I'm in the same flat with my son and boyfriend and today my son is really making me laugh he's been throwing teddies at me jumping on me an I have been laughing so much my belly hurts

He's also been very helpful while I was taking a bath he switched songs for me so my phone didn't get wet

You just have to look for the little things in life

Maybe download some new games to play

Talk to people on here

Eat some ice cream

Make tea or coffee

Have a bath

Style your hair a different way

Pick something nice to wear

Apply makeup?

Play some music

Watch some of your favourite movies

Roll yourself up in a blanket and pretend your an egg roll

Make some food you have never made before

Do some online shopping I love that

Have you bought yourself an Easter egg ready for Easter?
Thanks for your response but I just have to admit that I feel drained after being depressed for so long so it is extremely hard for me to even get out of bed let alone do anything else. I have lost all will and that’s just how I feel.

D

depressed_person18

I agree. It’s the only option for me really. I feel too overwhelmed to cope on my own, I have for a very long time in fact.

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
There's always hope and people on here will make friends with you and support you if you give them the chance.