I am tired of having to live like this

C

ctina6

So, I guess I'll start this off. I have never been hospitalised for taking an overdose previously and so I am pretty unaware of anything like this. So, I am planning to take an overdose in the near future. If I fail, I will need to continue my studies to get into University. If sectioned, will there be a chance of having access to computers? Also, what is the chance of a section and how do I not?

Mayfair

Mayfair

Hi ctina :welcome:

Sorry to hear this.

Have a look around here, and join in.

There's also a chill out section at the bottom, which is useful for getting used to the software, and meeting other members.

This link below has some pages and numbers too. Scroll down to the UK bit. (the Samaritans are on 116 123 in the UK)

Click to - Have a look at this page

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Why don't you get help instead of trying to overdose, you don't seem very set on dying if you are planning for a life if it fails. Do you actually want to die or do you just want to do it get help?

I think they assess your risk of future attempts and that sort of thing to assess if you need sectioning or help in the community would be better for you.

M

Matthew 666

Hi mat here sorry for the problems you have I,m 49 and tryed taking lots of overdose,s since I was 15 I,v tryed so many times that it's unreal.Its good that you have come on to hear to let everyone what your go through and if you start taking to on line then they are people who can help I hope you will talk and my be get the right out come good luck and be strong

C

ctina6

No, I'm very much planning on dying. I just want to be aware of all scenarios. If it doesn't work, I'm planning to carry out a different method so I want to know the likelyhood of a section so I know. I have been getting help since aged 12. I'm not trying to be callus, but I dont think everyone can be helped and I'm pretty ready to die at this point. I've given help a go and have been open but im tired

Last edited by a moderator:
daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I don’t quite understand what you are really wanting. You say you want to die but also that you want to get into university if you fail, so you definatly have plans for a future ahead. You don’t say if you are under the CMHT or if you have a diagnosis. I would definitely speak to your GP and ask for a referral to the MH team and see what help they can give you. Can you tell me are you still in school because I guess it’s getting near exam time if you are and this could be a great stressor for you.

As far as computers in hospital it would depend on whether they had them , not all do. The hospital I’ve been in did but it was very limited access as the the sites you could go on.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

do the professionals know about your plans? if not they need to know :hug:

C

ctina6

I'll try and make it clearer. I have been under the mental health team since aged 12 for PTSD and severe depression. If I fail, I will have to wait a while before doing it again so I will have to continue studies for a while, hence the question about computers. I'm asking about the likelyhood of a section so I know how likely I am to be able to do what I want to do. And yes, they are aware that I am suicidal but they only believe it is thoughts and not plans x

Last edited by a moderator:
midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

please dont overdose or do anything else to suicide :hug:

what's going on that's causing you to put together plans? :hug:

C

ctina6

I've been on so many medications and treatments and nothing has worked or helped and I am tired of having to live like this. For me, I would rather be out of pain then live a miserable life. Its been like this for 9 years so I've pretty much made up my mind. This isnt some kind of cry for help, because if it was then I'd try and get it to fail. I know people love me and yes, this is selfish, but they've had to deal with me for long enough