• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I am terrified because I'm not at home

S

sandy thorburn

Hi, I am new here, thank you for accepting me. I've had agoraphobia all my life, but traveled a lot just to prove who was boss. Now I am 72 and find I am terrified being away from my normal home in Germany, even though I am staying in my wife's apartment in another country for a few weeks only. I gave up normal travel some years ago because even a few nights in another country made me panicky, but this is going too far. I've been out of my mind with anxiety every day in the past two weeks.I am here scaeto care for a terminally ill relative and instead of getting on with that, now I am the one creating problems. I've been taking medication for a decade but at the moment its impact is nil. Thank you for reading this. Sandy

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i hope you find this forum useful x keep talking to us and hopefully we can help make the situation easier for you x Lu x

Z

ZechariahElijah

Sorry you are going through such a tough time right now. Don't be afraid to talk. we are here to listen.

S

StorySeeker

God bless you, Sandy. It's good that you are here. It may help to talk about it some more. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. It's nice to hear from someone who's experienced as I'm sure you are.

Zero One

Zero One

Sorry to hear the meds aren't working. That must be rough.

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome I hope you enjoy the forum and the lovely people on it