• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I am suicidal

N

nagual

I try and believe in God, I try and have Faith. But, I really struggle to understand why there is so much unhappiness and disappointment in this world. Some folks put up with unbelievable emotional loads, it seems so unfair.

I want to believe that there is a purpose behind it all and some meaning to our disappointment and hurting. I'd give my life to have the answer to that.
I don't mean to be disheartening. And I don't like to poke at people's religious beliefs.
when I was very young I read something that completely shattered the way I look at any faith.

It was something written on the inside of a wall of a concentrations camp during WW2 in Germany.
The prisoner had written(I am paraphrasing cuz I cant exactly recall the quote): "If there is a god, he has to beg me for forgiveness for the rest of eternity"
we all know god did nothing for that person.

unfortunately, there is probably no purpose in our suffering.
Life could just be a very cruel never ending nightmare that only ends with death.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I don't mean to be disheartening. And I don't like to poke at people's religious beliefs.
when I was very young I read something that completely shattered the way I look at any faith.

It was something written on the inside of a wall of a concentrations camp during WW2 in Germany.
The prisoner had written(I am paraphrasing cuz I cant exactly recall the quote): "If there is a god, he has to beg me for forgiveness for the rest of eternity"
we all know god did nothing for that person.

unfortunately, there is probably no purpose in our suffering.
Life could just be a very cruel never ending nightmare that only ends with death.
Who can say? Faith means believing when there is no proof.

It's easy to be angry with God, when our circumstances are bad. That is a perfectly human reaction.

We can all understand where that person in a concentration camp was coming from, his rage was understandable. On the other hand, some endured the same thing and came out with greater Faith. We can't pass judgement on them unless we've walked the same path.

I hope in the coming year I can work to help other people, it always makes me feel better-and forget my own problems. Last year was hard for all of us, we felt so isolated from each other. That can't be the same this year, it just can't be.