I am struggling with the drink

J

JamesUniversal

I drink 1/4 bottle of vodka and 2 bottles of wine every day and I cannot stop, I try but my resolve crumbles.

P

Pollypop

I have been in exactly the same position James.

I became an alcoholic and ended drinking every waking moment.

Have you sought any medical help or AA etc.?

I no longer drink but know that if I do I will become exactly
the same as before.

Some people find it easy to stop,others, very hard.
I found it very hard and like you, kept crumbling.

Here if you want to talk.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I had a similar issue, 1/2 bottle of vodka every night , it sign that for me something else was wrong in my life X

Please try to get help X
We are here of you want to talk

EddieH

EddieH

It's a battle I'm facing too. Small steps, like if you can cut the spirits out and just cut down a bit. I've never really been able to fully stop drinking, am currently on bacolfen and that cuts down the cravings a bit.

megirl

megirl

I have alcohol abuse issues. Things get bad when my life isn't going well.
Last time I starting abusing alcohol again was when my relationship wasn't going well, well was sinking.
Now no husband and doing pretty well.
If I do start using alcohol again probably a sign things aren't good.
I am on 2 alcohol drugs. One works miraculously for me it just takes away my urge and interest/thoughts of alcohol

J

Jules5

I think you may need to go into a detox center and clear your brain and then make a decision without being on alcohol.

I am a alcoholic not drinking right now. I was drinking while taking all my mental health medications and I was shocked once I realized why they say not to use alcohol on each bottle while on medication. This is a motive for me not to drink.

I hate the side effects of my medications and adding alcohol really screws up my system. Lots of hugs and definitely go impatient if you can.

J

JamesUniversal

!u drinking got really out of hand when I was 21 and social anxiety was really bad so I started drinking before university classes. I really liked it it was cool. I went to university drank and played PlayStation drink on liked it. But of course, I got no work done drinking every day and !are to quit university. I kind of despise university for not helping me and making me quit despite me telling them my anxiety and drinking was getting out of hand.

So then I went to the doctor and said I drink too much, he's a nice guy but there's not much he could so. He told me go to aa, I have been, not for a long time, but with my social anxiety it makes it hard to mix with people and for me to fit in. Like, I can not have free flowing conversations like normal people do. My social skills are shit.I always say tomorrow I will stop, but then I don't, I am not an all day drinker but when it gets to around 8 o'clock I drink 1/4 of vodka and two bottles of wine until 11 o'clock then eat pizzas and take my dog out. Suffice to say, I have also it on a lot of weight and for someone who was into fitness I am now clinically obese.