I Am Starting To Get My Life Back!

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
As many of you know, I have completed my first semester at uni in Early Childhood Education. I have just started my second semester, and am taking part 2 of Human Development, Intro to Early Childhood Guidance, and Health, Safety & Nutrition. I am super excited about all my courses and feel like they will all help me be better equipped to work with preschool children! I am already starting to work on a presentation that I will be doing later in the semester on stress in childhood, and have got some really good books from the library that I am going to start devouring this evening and I am already wishing I could have my own copies of these books. I am getting SO EXCITED for this presentation!

I am so grateful to have the therapist and psychiatrist that I have, and for everything my parents are doing to support me through this process.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Ah, it's wonderful that you're feeling so optimistic about your education and that you've got some good support in your life. :hug1:

Do you get nervous about giving presentations? I admire you for being excited about it - I think i'd dread it, lol.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Normally I do get nervous about doing presentations, but really, what do I have to be nervous about? And I am so excited about what I will presenting. I want to tell other people about it, particularly about how early childhood educators can actually help children heal. I want to make a difference in the lives of children, and what I am learning in my classes and in researching for this presentation is helping me to become better equipped to do that. What I am learning is making me feel empowered. I don't have to stand by helplessly watching children suffer. There are actually things I can do to help them.

StillFighting

StillFighting

Just wanted to say, I was glad reading your post :) It sounds like what you're doing is very fulfilling for you, and it's great that you're so excited to keep going with it!

I don't really know you from the forum, or what issues/challenges you've been facing, but I'm glad you're having such a great support system that helps you get through this.

C

cherbear

That's fantastic to hear my lovely . I'm really happy for you that you are enjoying your course and that it's going well . Good luck with the presentation . It's great you have good support too . Lots of love xxxx