• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I am so upset

C

Carol1952

My friend who usually sits with me for about an hour and a half just told me today she cannot sit with me more then an half hour a day,this stinks.That means no more movies ,no more sharing our stories she is my best friend, a half hour stinks i know it is better then nothing but when ever I am feeling anxious she has a way of calming me down,i hate this,i really do,the next thing u know she wont be able to sit at all first it was five days a week then four because she doesnt have to work on Fridays anymore.SHe use to only work until 1230 then one thirty now two thirty, We were going to have pizza sometimes i feel like sh-t.I know i depend on her.WHen she leaves i hate it i know she cannot live with me she leaves early because of her dog.I hope they dont cut her visits all together i dont know why thye had to increase her hours i told her she could always come on a friday to sit with me btu she never does.I am so upset .There is nothing i can do about this.I miss her when she is gone.I dont know why her boss would increase her time she hasnt got much to do.Ugh ,why does this kind of stuff always happen to me?

B

bpd2020

I can totally understand why you are upset. It is very sad you cannot have your friend visit you for long when you enjoy her visits so much. I am sorry this is happening to you.

C

Carol1952

I can totally understand why you are upset. It is very sad you cannot have your friend visit you for long when you enjoy her visits so much. I am sorry this is happening to you.
It stinks.it use to be five days and an hour and half or more each day then it went down to four then she decided three days was enough ok ,sometimes she would come on the fourth day,now this i dont think she likes it to much either,why would she have to work until 230 if there was nothing to do?I hope she isnt lying.i dont think she is but this hurts really bad 30 minutes is nothing we use to have plenty of laughs,watch movies together.the match game,i wold buy some stuff like popcorn or candy even cheese crackers.she would get me a coffee once in awhile i feel like I am losing her ,u know what i mean? We have been friends for over 4 years now .I don tlike this at all i understand that is her job but i am so lonely and that is why she decided to sit with me when we first met,she felt bad for me,ugh.Now i wont see her for five days,i said ugh she said she needs a break.not from me but work.This is so very upsetting to me.I actually cried because of it,she is my best friend for crying out loud.she would help me clean if i couldnt reach something i am in a wheel chair .I had a server fall last Oct and i broke my knee in two places she came to the nursing home to see me I know she really loves me and i do her.This is bothering me i feel like I will be alone again,

B

bpd2020

If she is your friend then she will make sure you are not left alone. I understand what it is like to feel lonely and have friends move on an it really does hurt. It sounds like your friend has a lot going on with her job and it will mean she needs to rest after work. You have had such lovely times together and she will remember that and want to have more fun with you. I am sorry you are in a wheelchair. That will make you feel very isolated.

C

Carol1952

If she is your friend then she will make sure you are not left alone. I understand what it is like to feel lonely and have friends move on an it really does hurt. It sounds like your friend has a lot going on with her job and it will mean she needs to rest after work. You have had such lovely times together and she will remember that and want to have more fun with you. I am sorry you are in a wheelchair. That will make you feel very isolated.
She really feels bad about this,she loves me and worries about me,I love her to,she has IBS ,ugh .SHe delivers meals on wheels and drives people to there appointments stuff like that but nobody really has been around to have her take anyone any place because of this stupid virus

Mario82

Mario82

I am really sorry to hear this Carol. It's clear you're a very warm and caring person and you deserve to have that returned to you too.

C

Carol1952

I am really sorry to hear this Carol. It's clear you're a very warm and caring person and you deserve to have that returned to you too.
Thank you i hope that her boss changes his mind,You are a very kind and considerate person too,how have you been feeling?I feel better with the anxiety thing but cannot sleep again,

Mario82

Mario82

Thank you i hope that her boss changes his mind,You are a very kind and considerate person too,how have you been feeling?I feel better with the anxiety thing but cannot sleep again,
I hope he does too, you deserve to have your friend spend more time with you there.

Thanks for saying that about me. I feel good thanks, mostly fine although maybe a bit subconsciously down because of missing fluoxetine and the lockdown. I got my depot injection early which s slow releasing for four weeks so hopefully that will help. It can be a little out of your system the last few days before you get it again.

Hopefully your sleep gets better, I have been there with that.

PerpetuallyStuck

PerpetuallyStuck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It is difficult "depending" on friends. It is something that I have always taken a little bit for granted. I guess I've been used to losing friends and drifting apart, I kind of expect it to happen eventually. Saying that, just because your friend wants to spend less time with you, it doesn't mean they like you any less. They may have more obligations in life, whether it is looking after a family member who is unwell, more work, more friends to see. It doesn't make you any less interesting or worthy. It would be great if we could have more social opportunities rather than only having one friend to see.

C

Carol1952

She didnt understand when i told her i was upset because i wont be able to sit with her that much anymore matter of fact she snapped at me,I love her and she knows that and i do know that she loves me too.Sometimes she snaps at the littlest things, she said it was her job and i told her i understand that but it still hurts.thes 15 -30 minute visit arent taking away my lonliness

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ReverieAnxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8