• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I am SO tired and weary today.

S

SadRainbow

Former member
I slept all morning and now I'm really groggy and can't wake up properly. I have a bit of a cold too. And an annoying twitchy muscle in my eyelid. I feel like a zombie. Later this afternoon I have a smear test - not exactly my favourite activity 😕 Tomorrow I need to clean the house because we have people coming over on Sunday... Which is fine really. I don't know... I don't really know what I'm trying to say. I'm just being extra useless and I feel lonely.

B

Bod

Former member
I don't think you are being useless at all Rainbow, the cold you have might also be knocking you a bit side ways too plus if you are taking any cold meds that will play a part for the weariness. Our depression totally 100% sucks the life right out of us sadly and we just trudge on in our lives and hope that one day we might get back to how we once were. For me I know I will never get back to that lovely little 9yr old who was full of love and care and total happiness, but if I can get back to my self feeling of being very positive then I will be happy.

P

paws4thought

formerly Anxietyhell
Sometimes the more I sleep the groggier I get, but then I tell myself I must have needed it..
(my excuse anyway).. Sometimes its just getting thru the day, and it feels like an achievment just to have washed up.... You are not useless.. I always find this time of year can be harder..

S

SadRainbow

Former member
Excess sleeping always makes me feel *more* tired. I am absurdly good at sleeping, even when I don't need it. And I hate waking up. I'm sleeping away my free time - when my daughter is at school I could be doing something nice for myself or something useful, but instead I make things even worse for myself.

P

paws4thought

formerly Anxietyhell
I got thru periods of sleeping a lot, for me I think it can be boredom, anxiety lack of motivation and a rut to get into... I do have some creative hobbies, but I have to be in the mood for them.. I keep thinking I should find something more to occupy my days, but it's not always easy and it does get lonely

S

SadRainbow

Former member
I got thru periods of sleeping a lot, for me I think it can be boredom, anxiety lack of motivation and a rut to get into... I do have some creative hobbies, but I have to be in the mood for them.. I keep thinking I should find something more to occupy my days, but it's not always easy and it does get lonely
I use sleep as an escape from my depression. It actually used to be quite enjoyable - I had lots of vivid, interesting dreams. Currently I have no memory of my dreams so I don't even have that any more... I am creative too but it's been a struggle lately to do anything. I am doing some colouring still though - it passes the time 🤷🏻‍♀️

B

Bod

Former member
I know motivating our selfs can be so hard, but maybe try and finish the painting.

P

paws4thought

formerly Anxietyhell
I have vivid dreams at times, they can be like watching a film - I have no idea where they come from other a than a deep recess of a subconscious brain🙄... I like chalk painting, and various creative crafts.. Although not great at anything in particular... It is hard when I go into a deep episode, as just doing anything requires so much effort

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Excess sleeping always makes me feel *more* tired. I am absurdly good at sleeping, even when I don't need it. And I hate waking up. I'm sleeping away my free time - when my daughter is at school I could be doing something nice for myself or something useful, but instead I make things even worse for myself.

I'm the same. Sleep is a relief.

P

paws4thought

formerly Anxietyhell
When I have really bad days I can't wait for it to get dark, I think its because sleep feels like an escape from reality... Trouble is I can wake up thinking, hell it's another day to get thru.. Which makes me feel guilty in ways, and think I should be grateful and making most of my life..

S

SadRainbow

Former member
When I have really bad days I can't wait for it to get dark, I think its because sleep feels like an escape from reality... Trouble is I can wake up thinking, hell it's another day to get thru.. Which makes me feel guilty in ways, and think I should be grateful and making most of my life..
I can very much relate. It's a relief to get though the day but then when I go to bed I'm aware that very soon I will be facing another day.

I think if it wasn't for my daughter I would just sleep my life away. I suppose I should be glad I have something to make me get up each day but I'm not.

S

SadRainbow

Former member
Well I just got my smear test done so at least there's that 👍

Gonna go buy some cake I think!

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

This is me too. I sleep through most of the day, as it's comfortable, quiet, and a relief. Even once I wake up and am bored in bed, I often think...what's the point of getting up? It's only 2pm. I don't want to lay on the couch for 3 hours until I start to feel more normal as it gets later. So I just stay in bed.

Sigh. What a waste.