• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I Am So Lonely

S

sallimae76

Product of the modern world. Lonely career woman. Little to no friends. Only family is my mom in another state. I don't think this is a progressive way to live, but I see no other choice.

Coreen

Coreen

I get lonely too. I have some family nearby, but they pretty much keep to themselves. And I have a few online friends but no RL friends. I try to distract myself with reading or hobbies. I hope you can distract yourself too.

S

sallimae76

I get lonely too. I have some family nearby, but they pretty much keep to themselves. And I have a few online friends but no RL friends. I try to distract myself with reading or hobbies. I hope you can distract yourself too.
Thanks friend. I can't read at the moment because of anxiety, but I am hoping to become a reader again.

M

markprosso538

if you have a fb, can try to reach out to people on there just to say hello and see what's going on with them. They may be having a crappy day too and need someone to talk to, you never know. Covid is making everyone anxious and depressed I think, it's like a bad sci fi movie or something, at least it's not zombies. You said you're a career woman, which is awesome!

S

sallimae76

if you have a fb, can try to reach out to people on there just to say hello and see what's going on with them. They may be having a crappy day too and need someone to talk to, you never know. Covid is making everyone anxious and depressed I think, it's like a bad sci fi movie or something, at least it's not zombies. You said you're a career woman, which is awesome!
I deleted Facebook a long time ago. People weren't really my friends, and it depressed me to see their happy lives with family and careers.

M

markprosso538

That's the image they're presenting that they want everyone to see. It's like that person that commits suicide and no one saw it coming kind of thing. Is there anything you're real passionate about? It helps me to have hobbies, though they change conastantly.

M

ManDss

Hi there, I deal with lonelibess too, a lot. Let me know u want to chat sometimes.

Poemwrit3r

Poemwrit3r

I have to admit that I am fine being alone. I write stories, poetry, I journal, so I can take my mind anywhere and adventure there and live it.
Our local library has a multitude of programs for everyone, fee. They have adult colouring classes, game nights, movie nights, writers groups ect. It might be an option for you.
Another way I help MYSELF is by helping others without expectation or rewards. I do that by offering a hot meal or soup to a Veteran or someone I know gently. Are you brave enough to invite a few people over for a desert night? A bunch or even just three ladies chatting over pastries n coffee or tea can be an excellent ice breaker. My point I guess is if you don't create the change, there will be no change. I had a Tuesday night Scrabble game night one a month and a Doc Martin (tv show) night often. I'd prepare a few treats and it was incredibly rewarding and satisfying. But I made it happen. No one was going to do it for me. Best wishes. Hugs.

T

Tragically_

I can relate to your situation. I live in a secluded are.

They want to force fb new look and im just not in the right mood for more changes.

What you see on fb is fake. Everyone puts up a front to show they're living it up. They have struggles and hardships too. But if they goto a restaurant theyll post a food picture to show they're living it up. Which is fake because thats not a special lifestyle. Everyone goes to restaurants. Filters to make everything looks especially processed

Im on the verge to remove my fb. Ive blocked and unfollowed so many. I go simply to the classifieds. Write to cs of vendors i need for service or to ask a lawyer a question or to sell the odd item here and there. Otherwise i dont care for the "look at me living the good life"
I know them... They aren't.
I would try multiple forums together to talk with many people
Goto loveshack. They have many different topics. Leatn a new hobby. Do diy projects

K

karl7

im lonely myself too....i ahev no friends and it s been that way nearly 20 years.

T

Tragically_

sorry to hear Karl
if you physically cant talk to someone try posting to some forums. that way youre mingling amongst multiple sites/people thats one thought that comes to mind. I dont feel I "need" many people in my life. 1 friend and my SO. I have nonse at the moment. I speak to my mom but thats pulling nails. 85% her talking. I also work in an isolated job at night guard in a very high end building with porsche and merc dealerships at the bottom and hitech companies on the floors. it gets VERY VERY scary and isolated. we cant see the street. when we do our scanning round there are no lights at all. it gets quite scary. new folks cant handle it.

as a wedding photographer ive lost most of my work and had no choice but to find temp work for this year. my so called "friend" uses me as his psychologist. he calls when he walks his dog to complain about his wife and clients who want to "feck him over" all the time. I cut him off.

im trying to get back with my ex. she wont find better I wont either. we were together for 8 yers. we were through a lot. well see.

sometimes when youre down you have time ti reasess and look at your life and realize
even reconsider things.

tell us about your life a bit. what gets you donw the most? are you in the UK, under lockdown there?

J

JCPraha

Hello Salliemae,

I know life can get quite lonely, particularly in the USA. It is difficult to make real friends, and you probably work a lot, so you haven't much time. You can contact me here if you like. I will talk to you.

Take care of yourself. I hope to hear from you again soon.

James

M

markprosso538

I also wanted to suggest a site called meetup. I started using it here and there, but they it's a way for people to gather with similar interests, book clubs, movies, music, etc..

T

treasurebox

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting music in youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.