• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I am schizophrenic and the wife is pregnant

fazza

fazza

During my stable time the wife and I mangaged to conceive which we were really happy about. However I have maxed out of risperdal consta and I am switching to haldol. My voices have been really bad and they are telling me that they are going to kill the baby. I feel so sellfish by getting my wife pregnant and I fear that I am putting to much presure on her whilst my voices are bad.

It was not long ago that I thought my wife was trying to poison me we have seemed only to have had a couple of good months before something happens with my voices.

I just hope everything will be ok

W

wannabegooroo

the voices I believe are sort of a detached exposure therapy to your unconscious fears, but they appear to come from some place else, the "voices" are your fears exaggerated, they are worse when stress/anxiety are greater. You may have a fear of being hurt by a loved one, or hurting a loved one..etc..if you can, accept you have had the voices for years on and off, and still alive...the more you fear and try to control the "voices" the worse they become, if able to, accept them and accept you have mixed feelings about them

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
testing to see if this works

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i can see some of your concerns and can empathise.i am also diagnosed and i have two children.if it was me in your position im not sure id trust anyone.i mean some of the psychs ive had in the past i wouldnt want them to be trusted with any thing that could be misinterpreted later.or acted upon totally unfairly by authorities.i mean last year i had voices telling me to burn down someones house.does that mean i would do it?no ofcourse not.not in a thousand lifetimes.but i wouldnt trust this to a psych because in my experience the average psych is rather lacking in inteligence and on a power trip and can really fuck up your life just so that they can feel good about themselves.

SarahD

SarahD

Hi fazza, I hope you get on well with the new drug and find everything settles down. I know how worrying the voices can be. Maybe the anxiety is making it worse?

Congratulations on creating a new life, I hope everything works out well.

B

ballerina123

are you getting any professional help? there are a lot of people out there who can help you. Im sure you will be a great father when the baby comes.
don't believe the voices they are not you they are your illness.