• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I am ready to talk

confused gurl1

confused gurl1

My issues stem from living in a dangerous neighborhood and living with a family that does not understand me. My dad emotionally and physically abused me and my mom believes I do not even have any issues. I was teased all my life for being quiet and petite. I am not able to function outside of the house for long periods of time due to fear and anxiety. Can anyone relate to my story? I also very rarely go out alone.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I can't go out of the house other than once a week...to my therapy. If I go out of the house more it scares me too much.

I can't relate to how you developed PTSD however

How old are you?

0RRHH1

I Know the feeling all too well, i'm ready to talk as well. x

0RRHH1

I thought my friend was ready to talk but it seems she cant bring herself to. It's such a shame i was so looking forward to talking again. I cant do this anymore, it seems as soon she hints she wants to talk she then ignores my calls and texts. Why would someone do that? Fair enough if they don't want to talk but to drop hints and then just ignore me is not fair, i've always said i would talk and be nice and then i just get the door shut in my face. What's to be afraid of, it's only a conversation. I give up i really do, i've tried so hard with this person.

SMVDM

SMVDM

I too struggle with major anxiety and i know its THE WORST! but ive learnt that letting it control me only feeds it so i try to fight it everyday. For example, sometimes i feel anxious about driving so i drive! sometimes anxious about going for a walk, so i go for a walk. ECT it really does help me.