• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I am obsessed with meds

E

Eminem 12345

Sorry for the poor grammar/punctuation

This is a weird one I don’t know if it’s my ocd acting up or if it’s just a general interest I have either way it’s interfering with my life.
I have been on meds for ocd for about 5 or 6 years first it was fluoxetine then sertraline now it’s mitrazapine they do work and help calm my ocd down I also done exposure response treatment way back when I started the meds I also do mindfulness ect but basically my question is
Why am I obsessed with meds like I can’t stop thinking about them I look them up everyday the dosage ect why they are prescribed and stuff it does my head in also I can’t go a day without thinking about it or researching ect any advice on how to stop this ?

bluestar ocean

bluestar ocean

It doesn't sound completely abnormal to be highly interested in your medications. You obviously want to be informed and be able to figure out what is helping you the best.

N

Nate

Sorry for the poor grammar/punctuation

This is a weird one I don’t know if it’s my ocd acting up or if it’s just a general interest I have either way it’s interfering with my life.
I have been on meds for ocd for about 5 or 6 years first it was fluoxetine then sertraline now it’s mitrazapine they do work and help calm my ocd down I also done exposure response treatment way back when I started the meds I also do mindfulness ect but basically my question is
Why am I obsessed with meds like I can’t stop thinking about them I look them up everyday the dosage ect why they are prescribed and stuff it does my head in also I can’t go a day without thinking about it or researching ect any advice on how to stop this ?
I do the same thing, I obsesse over Wich med I'm taking always googling always looking. It's part of the illness.