• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I am obsessed with a friend...

P

pixielala

I have been married for about a year. Before my husband and I were together, we both were in long term relationships. Him, with a girl for 8 years. About 1.5 years ago me and this girl struck up a friendship through the internet. We chat often and hang out when we can. We seem to have lots in common and get along rather well. My husband was weirded out by this initially, but has grown to accept that his wife and ex are friends...wellllll.

I feel I has an obsession with this girl. We both have the social networking site, myspace. I find myself looking at her page several times a day. Checking to see what she writes on other's pages, etc. I think about what she's doing, where she is at, etc. a lot during the day too. I find myself wanting to buy gifts for her, more than I buy for other friends...

I'm not sure what to think about this...? I know I have an obsession..And I can't figure out why. I do not do this with other friends. What can I do to shake this?

D

Dollit

Perhaps you need to talk to a counsellor or someone who has expert knowledge of relationships.

P

pixielala

Thanks Doll,
After giving this situation some time, it has definitely improved. Those feelings I had have deminished completely. I feel like having some down time at work definitely fueled the fire cause I was so bored. And talking with other women about the subject, they all have said they felt quite curious of their boyfriend/husband's ex's...So, hopefully I have pulled through and can move on!

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
i guees it must of been somthing to do with your husband loveing you to begin with, but like no1`s that interesting so you snapped out of it.
just what i thought:)

P

pixielala

Word. You said it right there. No one really is that interesting. That, and we hang out from time to time so I see her and she's cool and all, But she's just human...