• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I am not sure what to title this as...

• Thread starter morequietthannormal
  • Start date
M

morequietthannormal

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I received a message from a "friend" at 4am yesterday (Wednesday) saying that something had been on their mind and can we chat it over on Friday. This was after I had told them that something they did upset me. What they are going to tell me isn't good. I agreed we could chat it over Friday night. Because I was distracted yesterday I didn't know if I had taken my antidepressant and then I was like I had better not take one just incase. This morning I am so, so upset about not knowing what that person needs to tell me. I used to be really bad at telling people how I truly felt about things and didn't do it. Now with this person I have started telling them how I feel. I tried to push the feeling down " no wait until Friday night". I just could not. I was distressed at work, crying and talking to myself out loud- no one is there so it is okay. I got that feeling and thoughts to SH. Then I thought no just send this person a message. So I said "I prefer it if someone is upset with me for them to just tell me there and then. Can you call me today please?" I felt better after I had written it and told them my needs. I know a lot of people cannot relate to this; the intensity of emotion over what seems like nothing to almost everybody.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I have learnt to leave people alone if they seem upset with me. I accept that i can be draining and people need a break from me, or that their own life and problems mean that they need a break from everyone. I sometimes need to turn the phone off and shut the door.

Having missed a dose of medication can cause a bad day or days for me.

If someone is upset with you, it is ok. Sometimes we are upset with people. I think now that it is better not to tell them. I wouldn't want to hurt them. It isn't important.