I am not sure what is wrong with me?

P

PaigeTWoods

Hi everyone, I have never posted on a forum before but I really just feel overwhelmed right now and would love some support.

I am not sure what is wrong with me or what I am feeling. The past two weeks I wake up fine but as the day goes on I feel this really uncomfortable feeling creeping in on me (it’s hard to explain what it is exactly but it is very negative and distressing). It builds and builds until I feel I can’t take it anymore and start thinking about wanting to die just for relief. I feel horrible for even saying that.

Just some background, I lost my dog last June, got put on antidepressants for panic disorder after that and have come off the meds about 1 month ago because I felt dissociated and flat on them. I am seeing a therapist but she has been away the past month.

Any ideas what this could be? It is really painful and constant; everyday the same pattern. Any ideas/help would be so much appreciated.

Thanks xx

P

Paper Wings

Hello, Paige.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Feeling something that is hard to describe can be pretty distressing. I've had similar experiences.

I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital last year for a drug induced psychosis. After leaving the hospital I started feeling very similar to what you are describing. I would wake up somewhat fine, but this weird unsettling feeling would start to build up as the day went by. I remember thinking about dying for relief as well. At the time I identified it as some sort of crippling anxiety and started taking clonazepam for it (went to the ER) which helped me out. I'm not suggesting you should, by the way, it's just what I did. The feeling just went away with time, but I can't deny that it was really awful.

It really does sound like you are experiencing panic/anxiety attacks. Have you noticed if your heart is beating faster, if you are sweating from your hands, or breathing heavily when it is at its peak or at any point in time? What are your thoughts when you are feeling this way? Any paranoia or fear?

Be patient and strong. Know that you won't be feeling this way forever. Going out for a walk or writing out what you are feeling always helps, maybe with some soothing music in the background.

F

froggymom

A month is a long time to be without a therapist. Is there another interim therapist or trusted person you can talk to? Have you considered getting another dog? There are so many out there that need rescuing.

J

Joker

Hi everyone, I have never posted on a forum before but I really just feel overwhelmed right now and would love some support.

I am not sure what is wrong with me or what I am feeling. The past two weeks I wake up fine but as the day goes on I feel this really uncomfortable feeling creeping in on me (it’s hard to explain what it is exactly but it is very negative and distressing). It builds and builds until I feel I can’t take it anymore and start thinking about wanting to die just for relief. I feel horrible for even saying that.

Just some background, I lost my dog last June, got put on antidepressants for panic disorder after that and have come off the meds about 1 month ago because I felt dissociated and flat on them. I am seeing a therapist but she has been away the past month.

Any ideas what this could be? It is really painful and constant; everyday the same pattern. Any ideas/help would be so much appreciated.

Thanks xx

P

PaigeTWoods

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I saw my counsellor today and feel a lot better. Thank you

P

PaigeTWoods

Thank you paper wings, I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. It is very reassuring to know others feel the same and got better. Thank you so much.

P

Paper Wings

Thank you paper wings, I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. It is very reassuring to know others feel the same and got better. Thank you so much.
You are welcome. All the best.