I am not perfect

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

People expect me to be perfect and do everything but i cant do everything i'm not perfect like they all want me to be :cry:

J

Jules5

Who wants you to be perfect if this is not to much to answer... I like your saying about being an outcast. Lots of love an hugs

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
We can't all be perfect, just do your best is all you can do.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Who wants you to be perfect if this is not to much to answer... I like your saying about being an outcast. Lots of love an hugs
its some of the lyrics from a disney song - God Help The Outcasts from Hunchback of Notre Dame

seems people in real life want me to be perfect and expect it of me :cry:

D

dewey

i'm responsible for my brother i got to be the one to make sure he does everything cause they said so :cry:
Who says?
Sounds like a lot of responsibility Midnight. Are you getting any help with this? :hug:

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
Hugs Midnight, I’m in a similar situation. In order to gain my biological family’s love, I must be seen as perfect and set impossibly high benchmarks for me to succeed.
For the most part I consider myself okay despite this and the fact I’m falling way below their expectations. I live with the adage my old therapist taught me “blessed are those without expectation for they are never disappointed”... something I figure my family could learn.

G

Girl interupted

Just leaving you a hug.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Nobody is perfect dont worry

Parayana

Parayana

Deep down at the core of our being we are all perfect we just don't see it because we believe our thoughts and feelings are our real selves. :)

E

EstherRose94

Deep down at the core of our being we are all perfect we just don't see it because we believe our thoughts and feelings are our real selves. :)
I like this. Do you follow Buddhist teaching?

Parayana

Parayana

@EstherRose94, Yes, I've meditated and studied Buddhism for around eight years now.