I am not perfect

J

Jules5

Who wants you to be perfect if this is not to much to answer... I like your saying about being an outcast. Lots of love an hugs

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Who wants you to be perfect if this is not to much to answer... I like your saying about being an outcast. Lots of love an hugs
its some of the lyrics from a disney song - God Help The Outcasts from Hunchback of Notre Dame

seems people in real life want me to be perfect and expect it of me :cry:

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
Hugs Midnight, I’m in a similar situation. In order to gain my biological family’s love, I must be seen as perfect and set impossibly high benchmarks for me to succeed.
For the most part I consider myself okay despite this and the fact I’m falling way below their expectations. I live with the adage my old therapist taught me “blessed are those without expectation for they are never disappointed”... something I figure my family could learn.

Parayana

Parayana

Deep down at the core of our being we are all perfect we just don't see it because we believe our thoughts and feelings are our real selves. :)

E

EstherRose94

Deep down at the core of our being we are all perfect we just don't see it because we believe our thoughts and feelings are our real selves. :)
I like this. Do you follow Buddhist teaching?