• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I am not happy unless I eat an uncomfortable amount.

O

OntheBorderline

Hello all. One of the things I have been struggling with lately is the belief that I may have binge eating disorder. I was never formally diagnosed, but my therapist said he suspects I may have it. But, anyway my life completely revolves around food, and where and what my next meal is going to be. I love to over eat to the point where I feel like my stomach might burst. It's kind of like how those with bullemia want to get rid of that overly full feeling, but I would do anything it takes to keep it. When I don't have that feeling or I'm unable to binge like I want to, I feel like I'm starving, or about to pass out. I cannot function normally anymore because my life has literally been taken over by this. I realize that this is unhealthy, but I can't seem to stop it. Any help is appreciated.

O

OntheBorderline

I don't right now, that's the problem I think lok

R

RockyMountainsGirl

Some psychiatric medication decreases one's appetite and can improve your mood. I overeat occasionally and started to do this when psychiatrists prescribed medication that stimulated my appetite, so some antidepressants work the opposite way. I had no choice but to take the meds.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I like the feeling of being full too so I drink a lot of water. I keep a metal water bottle with me and sip on it throughout the day. In a day I usually go through two to three bottles. But it’s good because it keeps my skin healthy and keeps me from overeating throughout the day. Maybe you could try something like this. xo, j

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Sometimes at night I wake up hungry and drink a big glass of milk. Maybe milk with meals, fruit smoothies, or juice would help fill you up.

prettikitty

prettikitty

Hello all. One of the things I have been struggling with lately is the belief that I may have binge eating disorder. I was never formally diagnosed, but my therapist said he suspects I may have it. But, anyway my life completely revolves around food, and where and what my next meal is going to be. I love to over eat to the point where I feel like my stomach might burst. It's kind of like how those with bullemia want to get rid of that overly full feeling, but I would do anything it takes to keep it. When I don't have that feeling or I'm unable to binge like I want to, I feel like I'm starving, or about to pass out. I cannot function normally anymore because my life has literally been taken over by this. I realize that this is unhealthy, but I can't seem to stop it. Any help is appreciated.
i feel this

L

lifecangetbetter

Taking a break
i love eating too. i just try to remind myself of my annoying stomach and getting diabetes

R

RockyMountainsGirl

i feel this
I salute your courage for reaching out. Binge eating is treatable. You might be struggling now but remind yourself that this isn't permanent. Millions of people each year get help for a range of eating disorders thanks to talk therapy and medication. I take antidepressants and some of the ones I've taken have not only improved my mood, they've also controlled my appetite.

Here in Canada, family doctors can prescribe these types of medication but I see a psychiatrist because they are experts in medication for eating disorders and mental health. It can also help to chat with a therapist about how you're feeling since sometimes eating is connected with how we feel.

I'm sorry you're going through a rough time but I have confidence you can find help.