• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I am NOT going off my meds but I am getting really frustrated here

N

Notalwaysever

I was doing alright with just some paranoia I was having trouble controlling. My doctor added a new medication to help with it and after 3 weeks the side effects were some bad she said I could stop it. Now the paranoia is way worse than it ever was. I don't like to get into details about what I am thinking because I don't like how crazy it makes me sound. I am supposed to see an old friend tomorrow that I got back in touch with after I got most of my symptoms under control but now I know they are going to see me and think I am sick again.

I am also starting to wonder about this whole cognitive imparment BS. I don't think it is the illness making me have a harder time learning and thinking, it is all these meds! I am just a chemically altered mess that does not even resemble anyone I know.

Z

Zoe1

I've been like that Notalwaysnever

am still sometimes but I found that it made a big difference
getting the right meds
which surprised me because I was very anti meds
and didn't realise how differently they can affect me

it wasn't easy going through the trial and error

I hope you have some support around you

:grouphug:

N

Notalwaysever

I've been like that Notalwaysnever

am still sometimes but I found that it made a big difference
getting the right meds
which surprised me because I was very anti meds
and didn't realise how differently they can affect me

it wasn't easy going through the trial and error

I hope you have some support around you

:grouphug:
I have been playing the trial and error game a long time. My symptoms just keep changing, i was hospitalized 20 years ago for depression and now it is schizophrenia I have been on almost everything out there, had all the side effects. It is just getting old

Z

Zaz2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have massive doubts about the benefits of medication. I genuinely feel they impair my ability to think clearly and have created the emptiness I feel inside. I feel I have to battle every day just to get a grip on reality because my mind is so dumbed down.

Z

Zoe1

in that case Notalways never
you might need other therapies as well
some sort of talking therapy , group therapy
or activities that you find beneficial

you are right , medication doesn't always work on its own
without other help

L

linus

I think talking about it, might help, since it makes you re-evaluate your stance around some assumptions, the moment you “expose” yourself to others

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

I was doing alright with just some paranoia I was having trouble controlling. My doctor added a new medication to help with it and after 3 weeks the side effects were some bad she said I could stop it. Now the paranoia is way worse than it ever was. I don't like to get into details about what I am thinking because I don't like how crazy it makes me sound. I am supposed to see an old friend tomorrow that I got back in touch with after I got most of my symptoms under control but now I know they are going to see me and think I am sick again.

I am also starting to wonder about this whole cognitive imparment BS. I don't think it is the illness making me have a harder time learning and thinking, it is all these meds! I am just a chemically altered mess that does not even resemble anyone I know.

I agree with you 100% and I am here to support you.

God Bless. 🙏