• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I am NOT going off my meds but I am getting really frustrated here

N

Notalwaysever

I was doing alright with just some paranoia I was having trouble controlling. My doctor added a new medication to help with it and after 3 weeks the side effects were some bad she said I could stop it. Now the paranoia is way worse than it ever was. I don't like to get into details about what I am thinking because I don't like how crazy it makes me sound. I am supposed to see an old friend tomorrow that I got back in touch with after I got most of my symptoms under control but now I know they are going to see me and think I am sick again.

I am also starting to wonder about this whole cognitive imparment BS. I don't think it is the illness making me have a harder time learning and thinking, it is all these meds! I am just a chemically altered mess that does not even resemble anyone I know.

Z

Zoe1

I've been like that Notalwaysnever

am still sometimes but I found that it made a big difference
getting the right meds
which surprised me because I was very anti meds
and didn't realise how differently they can affect me

it wasn't easy going through the trial and error

I hope you have some support around you

:grouphug:

N

Notalwaysever

I've been like that Notalwaysnever

am still sometimes but I found that it made a big difference
getting the right meds
which surprised me because I was very anti meds
and didn't realise how differently they can affect me

it wasn't easy going through the trial and error

I hope you have some support around you

:grouphug:
I have been playing the trial and error game a long time. My symptoms just keep changing, i was hospitalized 20 years ago for depression and now it is schizophrenia I have been on almost everything out there, had all the side effects. It is just getting old

Z

Zaz2020

I have massive doubts about the benefits of medication. I genuinely feel they impair my ability to think clearly and have created the emptiness I feel inside. I feel I have to battle every day just to get a grip on reality because my mind is so dumbed down.

Z

Zoe1

in that case Notalways never
you might need other therapies as well
some sort of talking therapy , group therapy
or activities that you find beneficial

you are right , medication doesn't always work on its own
without other help

L

linus

I think talking about it, might help, since it makes you re-evaluate your stance around some assumptions, the moment you “expose” yourself to others

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I was doing alright with just some paranoia I was having trouble controlling. My doctor added a new medication to help with it and after 3 weeks the side effects were some bad she said I could stop it. Now the paranoia is way worse than it ever was. I don't like to get into details about what I am thinking because I don't like how crazy it makes me sound. I am supposed to see an old friend tomorrow that I got back in touch with after I got most of my symptoms under control but now I know they are going to see me and think I am sick again.

I am also starting to wonder about this whole cognitive imparment BS. I don't think it is the illness making me have a harder time learning and thinking, it is all these meds! I am just a chemically altered mess that does not even resemble anyone I know.

I agree with you 100% and I am here to support you.

God Bless. 🙏

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Definitely going to have to stay off the antidepressants Schizophrenia Forum 3
BEASTMODEWARRIOR i think understand why everyone is going nuts for cocoa puffs, this covid 19 is not ending uhh? Schizophrenia Forum 13
BEASTMODEWARRIOR i think my craziness is from covid 19 pandemic, stuck in my room i swear im going crazy Schizophrenia Forum 8
L Not sure what’s going on with my brain Schizophrenia Forum 16
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Going to take a break for a while be back on tuesday. Schizophrenia Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR im going back to my oldschool ways, my new school mentally sucks, its not working for me at all. Schizophrenia Forum 8
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Guys why do i feel like im going to die in my sleep today. Schizophrenia Forum 7
P What's really going on in this world? Schizophrenia Forum 22
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Guy im going to a take a break from the forum just a couple days thats all. Schizophrenia Forum 3
BEASTMODEWARRIOR You know what i just realize after all this [email protected] i been going thru this weekend feeling everyone was against me Schizophrenia Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Going to eat all you can grab buffet for lunch. Schizophrenia Forum 7
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Good night everyone im going to sleep now :) Schizophrenia Forum 4
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Good Morning Every one Get Ready for Today its going to be a good day I feel it. Schizophrenia Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR I promise this is going to my last thread about haters lol omg i bet everyone is sick tired already i understand Schizophrenia Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Yo Yo Yo My peeps hows every bodys day going. Uhh? Schizophrenia Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Hey guys this is going my third class of krav maga im very excited? Schizophrenia Forum 3
L there is TOO MUCH going on in my stomach Schizophrenia Forum 8
R thinking of going on intercity Schizophrenia Forum 32
BEASTMODEWARRIOR I always having this feeling something terrible is going to happen to me? Schizophrenia Forum 3
L Things were going so well Schizophrenia Forum 7
E Keep going Schizophrenia Forum 3
L lonely. need someone to talk to who is going through what I am Schizophrenia Forum 11
THE MANDALORIAN Going to the mental function Schizophrenia Forum 2
LORD BURT Are you going to write a book? Schizophrenia Forum 37
L Going back to work after psychosis? Schizophrenia Forum 7
T Im going to die Schizophrenia Forum 29
Froggie Frog Stopped going to my psychiatrist? Schizophrenia Forum 14
S going to visit doctor tuesday ? Schizophrenia Forum 3
S Im scared being schizo is going to end up killing me Schizophrenia Forum 5
ABell I'm going back to seek help from medical professionals! Schizophrenia Forum 1
R Not Sure What's Going On Schizophrenia Forum 3
wollie I;m going mad Schizophrenia Forum 21
P Clozipine, looks like its not going to be the best med Schizophrenia Forum 3
fazza Lurasidone going up to 111mg per day Schizophrenia Forum 12
P Clozapine going ahead, need to quit tobacco and caffeine Schizophrenia Forum 6
LORD BURT I am thinking about going to a Past Life Hypnotherapist. Schizophrenia Forum 3
L New to the forum, going to be completely honest with my doctor, but scared. Schizophrenia Forum 7
P Going to do a course soon- yay! ^_^ Schizophrenia Forum 9
N I feel like a fraud. Going to open up to the psychiatrist. Schizophrenia Forum 5
S One day I'm just going to say "Fuck it" Schizophrenia Forum 3
Not_Crazy_Yet I fear I am close to going back to the hospital Schizophrenia Forum 7
J If You're Going Through Hell ... Schizophrenia Forum 57
E songs htat make you feel like a revolution is going to happen Schizophrenia Forum 13
I What am I supposed to do with this? How much longer is this going to last? Schizophrenia Forum 5
S what the hell is going on???? Schizophrenia Forum 8
P "What's a healthy way of going about the world." I thought. Schizophrenia Forum 3
T Going to the doctor Schizophrenia Forum 79
E What is really going on while you chemically induct sleep. Schizophrenia Forum 3
W I am not sure what is going on with my husband, I am so worried??? Schizophrenia Forum 17
BillFish I actually enjoyed going to the clinic the other day.(shock horror) Schizophrenia Forum 1