• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I am New. I have had Major depress Disorder and anxiety for 15 years.I am on lots or of med and need people to talk to who understand.

K

Katydid

I lived at the beach in Florida for many years but had to move back to a southern state 8 years ago. I am too ill to travel and the pandemic makes that impossible. I recently bought a picture of a beach that is just like the beach I miss so much. But every time I look at it I cry. Should I leave up or take it down and try to block that time from my mind? That is what I would usually do. I am very good a putting up wall to painful times and people in my mind. I learned to do it as a child and can still do it. But I love the beach and wish I could let it back in.

jajingna

jajingna

Welcome to the forum. I can understand you missing that. Water is nice and calming and sunshine (not too much) is good for us.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hello and :welcome: to the forum. I understand major depression as i am diagnosed with bipolar and the depressions outweigh the highs by a lot. I am sorry you are suffering so much. I can't answer you on moving back as only you know if it would be right or feasible. I live next to the sea - but its freezing here in Britain - and its lovely to walk along the beach at times withmy two little granddaughters.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Katydid welcome to the forum :welcome:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
767s0 Here after a major mental breakdown.... Introduce Yourself 9
shy guy Major depressive disorder Introduce Yourself 5
R New to a forum. I suffer with panic disorder,chronic ptsd, gad, borderline personality disorder and major depression Introduce Yourself 17
P Where do I need to post? I need major help! Introduce Yourself 5
S My husband is suicidal and I have been dealing with Major Depression and Anxiety. Introduce Yourself 8
I Binge Eating Disorder Introduce Yourself 3
S Panic disorder Introduce Yourself 10
S Dissociative Identity Disorder Help!! Introduce Yourself 3
F Borderline personality disorder Introduce Yourself 4
D Hi my name is dawn, just joined and I have an anxiety disorder. Introduce Yourself 16
P Generalized Anxiety Disorder/Constant Worry about the stupidest things/never sleep well Introduce Yourself 5
P New User. Generalized Anxiety Disorder which makes me worry CONSTANTLY. Introduce Yourself 14
D Long long long long term eating disorder Introduce Yourself 2
S Angry Sleeping Disorder From Severe Sexual Abuse.... Introduce Yourself 3
T My experience with derealization disorder Introduce Yourself 4
B New schizoaffective disorder Lamictal Introduce Yourself 6
C Living with an eating disorder, apathy, recurring depressive episodes and - most recent - absolute aversion towards sex due to newly acquired trauma Introduce Yourself 3
T New here. Dealing with an eating disorder Introduce Yourself 4
R Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Introduce Yourself 5
P Emotionally unstable personality disorder Introduce Yourself 12
A All-of-the-Above Disorder Introduce Yourself 6
J Hi.brand new to this.i have just been diagnosed with clclothymic disorder.any advice on this would be more than grateful.thanks. Introduce Yourself 6
R Have bipolar 1 disorder for 30 years Introduce Yourself 3
T spitting foods eating disorder Introduce Yourself 4
J Bi polar disorder Introduce Yourself 3
J Hello, im looking to chat with people with conversion disorder Introduce Yourself 2
W (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) & Health Anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
D Anxiety/Panic disorder/ADD and ... vertigo? Introduce Yourself 4
L Hi I've joined as I struggle with anxiety and depression. I'm also supporting my 18yr daughter with an eating disorder. She's in denial. Introduce Yourself 6
A What disorder do I have? Introduce Yourself 3
B Hi i'm a borderline personality disorder sufferer and have felt stigmatised most of my life Introduce Yourself 16
H Reverse seasonal affective disorder Introduce Yourself 6
9 Panic disorder, anxiety and agoraphobia Introduce Yourself 6
A Hi, I'm new. Any mums on here who have an adult child with borderline personality disorder? Introduce Yourself 3
L Hi, I have social anxiety and bipolar disorder Introduce Yourself 1
Luna95 Eating disorder used as self harm Introduce Yourself 5
G Conversion disorder Introduce Yourself 3
LePlusBeau1 Living With Schizoaffective Disorder Introduce Yourself 9
J Looking for help with my son who has a severe tic disorder Introduce Yourself 4
S What is your bipolar disorder symptoms with medication? Introduce Yourself 3
D Anxiety Disorder Introduce Yourself 1
T MDD and mixed personality disorder can’t cope Introduce Yourself 4
kilroywashere21 I’ve Been Struggling With Bipolar Disorder Since 2015 Introduce Yourself 1
C paranoid skizophrenic and suffering generalised anxiety disorder Introduce Yourself 2
D Hi I'm 46 I live with my son he's 10 he has a anxiety disorder been diagnosed since the age of 4 I'm now experiencing anxiety 😔 Introduce Yourself 2
A Bipolar, ADHD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Aspergers Introduce Yourself 1
R Diabetes and Bipolar Disorder the perfect storm Introduce Yourself 2
K My Very Long And Worthwhile Journey With Bipolar Disorder Type One Introduce Yourself 2
Alice Raven I'm here because I have a friend whom I believe suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder Introduce Yourself 4
P Bipolar/boarderline personality disorder Introduce Yourself 7