• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I am new and need a forum

M

Maggie21

Hi. I am a 41 year old who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and now has depression as a result of my diagnosis and all i have been through . I am trying to rebuild my life and find meaning and purpose. I thought joining a mental health forum would really help myself and maybe others. I would welcome your advice. I am over my delusions now but find what i have been through and the stigma very depressing. I am a christian and what i have been through has really challenged my faith so i find that my meaning for life and drive to want to stay alive has been affected. I have thus struggled with suicidal feelings though i am not planning anything right now and want to over come that. I have a nice house with lots of nice belongings but i am struggling to get up in the mornings and keep it tidy. Having a messy house makes me feel more depressed. I would value anyones contributions on how to keep my house tidy and make the most of what i already have. I am on an anti depressant and am trying to get that increased. I am on the waiting list for CBT for bipolar and psychosis but the waiting list is a year long so it will be a while before i can access it. I am trying things like taking up crochet which is calming and running which is good for mental health. I am also in a new dating relationship and don’t know if my partner will want to accept me once he knows all my problems and what i believed when i was unwell. I have told him i had psychosis and was in the hospital for 5 months but not that i have been diagnosed with schizophrenia because i have now had two psychotic episodes and thats what they say once that has happened. I am going to join the delusional disorders forum and depression forum. Anyone got any advice. I will probably need to cut and paste this to those forums also so i think that is what i will do. I would also enjoy giving advice to those relatives of those with delusional disorders who are psychotic now as i would value being able to advice them how to help their relative . Anyway thats all for now.

Bod

Bod

Hello Maggie21, welcome to the forum you made a good choice of joining here as many members will relate to your mental health issues and comment. I wish you all the best in your journey here, and everyone will try and help as they are so caring.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Maggie21, welcome to the forum.

Talula67

Talula67

Hi @Maggie21 and a warm welcome to the forum. I can't get out the bed today but feeling increasingly anxious as my dog will need a walk soon 😳. I'm sorry your post was deleted and hope you get some answers :hug1:

Bod

Bod

Just put a post up in the depression forum and members will comment.