• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i am loosing it.

T

TOONAFISH

We have been waiting on a house move for years from the council. we were stuck in another town which we hated. last friday we decided to take a private let in the town we both grew up in and wanted to settle. on the sat we received a letter from the council saying that we had been offered a 3 bedroom house in the area we wanted. went to see it and it needs a new kitchen and totally decorated and the garden is completly overgrown. but we thought fab our own house.

since then i thought i had a bug and have been feeling awful, but im beginning to think it is severe anxiety.

have been sick nearly every day, but it comes and goes, shaking and sweating, alternated with being freezing and clammy. jaw is clamped shut and my muscles in my face are so sore. cant sleep more than an hour without waking up and terrible nightmares. having to sleep during the day as im exhasted. low mood,(even tho i should be over the moon).

the thing is i have got this new job, and the thought of going in tmrw is torture, im terrified i have a major panick attack, or freak out, of f*ck up in some way. i dont know what to do.

i have so much to do, i feel totally overwhelmed, i end up going round in circles and crying a lot.

i think once the house is all sorted which should take a few months i will start to feel less stressed, but what do i do in the short term, im worried this may lead to a depressive episode.

the last time i was under pressure like this i ended up loosing the plot and going into hosp.

i feel like im gonna loose what i have.

C

Charlie123

We have been waiting on a house move for years from the council. we were stuck in another town which we hated. last friday we decided to take a private let in the town we both grew up in and wanted to settle. on the sat we received a letter from the council saying that we had been offered a 3 bedroom house in the area we wanted. went to see it and it needs a new kitchen and totally decorated and the garden is completly overgrown. but we thought fab our own house.

since then i thought i had a bug and have been feeling awful, but im beginning to think it is severe anxiety.

have been sick nearly every day, but it comes and goes, shaking and sweating, alternated with being freezing and clammy. jaw is clamped shut and my muscles in my face are so sore. cant sleep more than an hour without waking up and terrible nightmares. having to sleep during the day as im exhasted. low mood,(even tho i should be over the moon).

the thing is i have got this new job, and the thought of going in tmrw is torture, im terrified i have a major panick attack, or freak out, of f*ck up in some way. i dont know what to do.

i have so much to do, i feel totally overwhelmed, i end up going round in circles and crying a lot.

i think once the house is all sorted which should take a few months i will start to feel less stressed, but what do i do in the short term, im worried this may lead to a depressive episode.

the last time i was under pressure like this i ended up loosing the plot and going into hosp.

i feel like im gonna loose what i have.

Moving house is one of the most stressful things in live! Everything will work out ok in the end.

lulubelle

lulubelle

Toonafish,

That's brilliant news about the council finally offering you what you've been waiting for:clap:. I completely feel for you, i've turned into a complete mess every time i've moved the past fews years, its just so unbelievably stressful and unrooting can be a big challenge. i did find the last time I moved it was a little less stressful to make sure that I gave myself a good 3 weeks (the council tried to make me move the next day after handing me a letter at 8pm one night!!) - I told them its completely unreasonable and unachievable, cried, threw myself on the floor crying before going away and presenting them with a list of faults that made the place unhabitable (I also got a bumped decorating allowance for my list- it's usually £50, but I complained so hard they gave me £380 just to shut me up!)- this was before I was diagnosed.

But yes, back to the point-sorry I tend to ramble on! I found making sure I had plenty of time, help and keeping organised lists- for switching utilities, for notifying changes of address and who packs up what room, etc.

Hope this helps and you start feeling better soon! (just imagine how good it will be this time next year when your in your new house and the stress of getting there is over- and hold that thought for as long as you can!!)

Good luck
xxx