• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I am in a predicament, can anyone help?

L

Lionheart

Founding Member
Hey guys I am at a predicament in my life, I met this girl I liked at a day centre and my friends told her I liked her. She apparently was excited to see me next time and my friends talk to her a think she likes me. She did give her number to my friends and came to my house for a meal with my friends. My friends say I made her really happy but she never phones or texts me and I notice when on MSN messenger she goes offline or busy straight away. I was thinking she may be shy and I don't have alot of confidence and can't see why a good looking girl like her would like me. But I am worried she is just stringing me along. I know the girl has mental problems like me but I am willing to take them on board, I just wish I could tell her this. :unsure:Does anyone know what I should do, start looking for someone else or continue with this girl?

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
i think patience is a virtue ..

have you tried a short hello message on msn (even an offline message or via email) ..

doesn't have to be anything heavy .. just a hello how are you .. perhaps she's waiting for you to make the first move ??

D

Dollit

You've only just met and you've been getting along but she could be just a little bit wary about getting involved with anyone. She may have issues or doubts that have nothing to do with you as a person. Get to know her as a friend first and see what happens. :hug:

L

Lionheart

Founding Member
I still am worrried

Thanks for your advice people, I was thinking of just being a friend to her but my friends keep asking me 'when are u going to ask her out?'. I really don't know what to do because I don't what to blow another opportunity in my life with a girl I like by not taking a chance or being to hastie and frightining her away from my life. :unsure:

D

Dollit

Then just be friends and see what happens. She may be thinking the same way. If your friends ask when you're going to ask her out just joke and say you'll invite them to the wedding! Relax and enjoy her company. And some of my best friends are men, in fact the person I would probably describe as my best friend is a man and it's not a second best relationship - it rocks. :hug:

L

Lionheart

Founding Member
OOPS

Hiya, I think I made a mistake. I fell to the pressure of my friends telling to ask this girl out. So I did, it did not go well at all. I found out she has bi-polar disorder and I feel like rubbish now for even asking her. I must have put an imense amount of pressure on her. I was wondering if anyone has any advise for how to help someone with bi-polar without making things worse?

D

Dollit

As one who has bipolar Lionheart I like nothing better than being treated as a person. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eleison People 9