I am grateful for my physical fitness

C

chess24

I noticed that when I walk, I automatically walk quickly, and I walk quickly
even when there is a steep incline.
I exercise every day, and do strength training every other day.
I am grateful that I am able to exercise and be in good physical shape.
I am on olanzapine 10 mg.
My overall level of functioning is low, but hey, at least I'm in good shape :)

N

natalie

Hi Chess24,

Well done, marvellously even for working out and walking regularly even though you are on 10mg, of Olanzapine, and overall functiioning level is low. And are in good shape.

What concerns me is, that you are on a medication which has for many many including myself people, caused a very bad effect of weight gain, when you are able to consider, I would possibly look at now ah, can I name drop a brand, I've a feeling I'm about to? Otherwise, if you would like to send me a private message I could let you have details of the medication which i take, and has a less weight gaining effect.

I also do workout on a regular basis, to my fitness dvds. And walk quite a lot of varying kind, between various bus routes. I can't don't drive, I use buses.

I have been on my medication for about 9 years, and I have seen over time, my weight reduce down, if not that, then certainly not overeating madly at times.

i wish you well with your szchophrenia recovery and well done again, for keeping in shape, and working out and walking on a regular basis.

Natalie.

R

ronit

Good for you! I could never walk fast on an incline, even when I was in better shape than now.
I have recently started working out at gym (because of weight gain on olanzapine) and it feels really good to get my body moving and sweaty. So I am happy for you, keeping in shape.

N

natalie

My weight has gone up slightly, by 1 or 2 pounds, I am intending to workout overnight, to my fitness dvds.

So hopefully, that amount of weight, should then drop.