• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I am disappointed

naya

naya

Today i had my first hour of philosophy with a new teacher. He decided to ask each of us what philosophy means to us. He called me first. I froze. I felt heat rush to my head and was on the verge of crying. He continued questioning other, leaving me time to think. I held my tears back the whole time. A the end he asked me if i have an idea now n i just shook my head. Hopefully he left it there. I then noticed i was covered in sweet. He later talked a bit that not answering a question doesn't mean u don't know the answer in connection to something else but it was obviously to cheer me up. I feel so bad now for giving a terrible first impression.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I think he probably feels so bad for putting you on the spot. I am sure over the course, you will show the more confident side of yourself. It is ok to freeze and everyone does it, there is nothing to feel embarrased about.

naya

naya

I think he probably feels so bad for putting you on the spot. I am sure over the course, you will show the more confident side of yourself. It is ok to freeze and everyone does it, there is nothing to feel embarrased about.
Yes for sure. But it's been quite some time since I've been so close to a panic attack in class. It's probably cuz one classmate suddenly turned their head towards me and i felt like everyone was staring. I hope most grades will be written tho since i am scared it might be this particular teacher who is intimidating me.