• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I am certainly new here looking for some help

Z

Zodgrod929

Good day,

I am a 47 year old male getting out of a toxic marriage to a Narcissist. We have 2 kids and navigating things since seperating haven't been easy.

2Much2Feel

Hi, @Zodgrod929, welcome to the forum:) Been there, and it is a hard thing to go through for sure, takes some time. Are you getting any professional help dealing with the stress of it? xx

Z

Zodgrod929

Hi, @Zodgrod929, welcome to the forum:) Been there, and it is a hard thing to go through for sure, takes some time. Are you getting any professional help dealing with the stress of it? xx
I have been talking to a professional indeed somethings aren't always at the forefront of my mind

2Much2Feel

I have been talking to a professional indeed somethings aren't always at the forefront of my mind
OK, good to be talking to someone. Sometimes it just feels good to get it out, which this forum can be really helpful for as well.

I was in a long marriage, have a son, divorced about 8 years now. Hardest thing I've been through, so I feel for you. It just takes time, which sucks but it isn't going to be this hard forever, so try to keep that in mind on those hardest times. Obviously best if you can be on as decent of terms as possible with the ex, but I know it's not always so easy and every situation is different.

It sometimes can help to just jot some notes each night or write something before you see your shrink, as you're going through so much stress, your memory suffers and all. Will be pulling for you. This forum has been really helpful for me, really hope you find it so. xx

B

Bod

Former member
Hello Zodgrod, welcome to the forum I hope that you will settle here as we are all very caring and helpful to each other.