I am being referred to the CMHT to be assessed.

P

Pffft

Hello everyone
I hope you are all well :hug1:

After a phone call from my therapist she has said she spoke to her supervisor as I only have 3 sessions left and I am not improving- if anything I have got much worse. Although I am surprised by this as I do find the sessions useful and at times enlightening. I am quite anxious/ scared at being referred to the CMHT for assessment etc because my therapist explicitly states she doesn't work with diagnosis but rather the symptoms people have so a referral for diagnosis is a worry that there is something wrong. However, at the same time i feel this is a step in the right direction. Ever since I read about mental health when i was in my late teens I always felt that I had Borderline Personality Disorder but then I thought I can't have- I am probably one of those people that thinks I have something when I actually don't.

This all happened yesterday morning- and by the afternoon I was feeling really low etc and spoke to a close friend (on chat). The conversation esculated as I said I am worreid I am going to lose friends etc as a few close friends seemed to have distanced themselves from me. Anyways she then says that the world doesnt revolve around me and this totally set me off. I was crying- annoyed at myself for being selfish even though in some aspects of life i do not think i am selfish. I then self harmed quite badly just to bring my self back to reality. I say that but it's not like I am halucinating or hearing voices but the feelings are so intense and aimed towards suicide that I just cant handle it and SH is the only way that makes it more managable.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Be honest with the mental health team, write down some of your symptoms so that you dont freeze up when your there. Be honest and tell them about the episodes and self harm. They are there to help you. Let us know how you get on.
Hugs
Fox

P

Pffft

Thank you Fairy Lu and Foxjo :hug:
I will do that Foxjo as i will no doubt freeze otherwise.
What does an assessment involve? how long does it take?
I am worried that they will not be nice and that will mean I wont say as much or be as honest.
pffft
xx

P

Pffft

Got a letter this morning from the cmht and they have said they can't help me. I'm gutted I now feel like I don't want to be here and I can't even drag my arse out of bed.