• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I am asking for advice please.

T

Taffy

Hi everyone I don't know what to do and it's driving me crazy. I need some advice please help me. I am at an age where I should know what I want by now. I know what I would like to be and have but these things are not possiable so I don't know where to go from here. I can't take much more of sitting here with no hope and feeling like I'm going to lose my mind. I need something to keep me occupied but here is the problem. I get benefits if I find a job I'm afraid I will mess that up. I'm not sure if I can even hold down a job. I'm not too well and have a problem leaving my home. I have panick attacks anxiety and depression along with ocd. I need something to do but I don't know what. I have a hard time sticking to anything. I start something than lose interest in it. Please any ideas suggestions I will appreciate so much. Thanks!💓

B

bpd2020

Am I right in thinking you are looking for suggestions to occupy your time? If so then maybe jigsaws, knitting, crochet, pen paling, adult colouring books, cross stitch, card making, baking, learning a recipe, growing a plant. I am not sure if any of those will be of any interest to you.

Do not put pressure on yourself to work if you do not feel ready.

S

Snowshoes68

There are jobs that you can do from home. You can do a Google search of that and I've seen headlines like "best jobs for introverts" and it had a picture of someone working at home

Blooming

Blooming

Hey Taffy, I have thought a bit over you presentation. You seem "handicapped" by too many problems, so much that you have problems organizing your life. Do you agree that your problem to not being able to work for the moment, is connected to your panic attacks, your depression and your OCD? If so, the best you can do is to do something easy, like delivering the News-papers, delivering grocery and so on. I suggest these because you will probably not get panic attacks by doing such lonely work. If your OCD involves to be frightened for germs, may by these alternatives are not options.

I was going to recommend treatment for all your disorders, but may be it is best that you start with treatment for you OCD, so you, even if depressed or full of anxiety can do, easy work.

If I were you I would have contacted the Sanitarians, the Red Cross, a Church or some other organizations and laid it all on their table. Do they know about therapists that can help? Do they have some activities to offer that you can do as a volunteer?

I hope you find somebody who can give you advice in a face to face situation. Do not be afraid to ask for help. Millions upon millions of people suffer from Emotional Problems (the so called "Mental Disorders"). You are not alone!

"Brain Lock, Twentieth Anniversary Edition: Free Yourself from Obsessive-Compusive Behavior" by Jeffery M. Schwartz

"Unlearning Anxiety & Depression: The 4-Step Self-Coaching Program to Reclaim Your Life"
by Joseph J. Luciani

You will be in my thoughts! I wish you good luck with moving on in your life. ☺ It is never too late. Take the time you need! :flower2:

T

treasurebox

Doing what I love to do which is writing helps me. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

Do not worry about things because your Creator will take care of those things. Think of good possibilities instead. Just enjoy the moment and choose to be happy.

T

Taffy

Am I right in thinking you are looking for suggestions to occupy your time? If so then maybe jigsaws, knitting, crochet, pen paling, adult colouring books, cross stitch, card making, baking, learning a recipe, growing a plant. I am not sure if any of those will be of any interest to you.

Do not put pressure on yourself to work if you do not feel ready.
Thank you I don't like to bake but that's an idea.🤓

T

Taffy

Doing what I love to do which is writing helps me. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

Do not worry about things because your Creator will take care of those things. Think of good possibilities instead. Just enjoy the moment and choose to be happy.
Thank you.😊

T

Taffy

Hey Taffy, I have thought a bit over you presentation. You seem "handicapped" by too many problems, so much that you have problems organizing your life. Do you agree that your problem to not being able to work for the moment, is connected to your panic attacks, your depression and your OCD? If so, the best you can do is to do something easy, like delivering the News-papers, delivering grocery and so on. I suggest these because you will probably not get panic attacks by doing such lonely work. If your OCD involves to be frightened for germs, may by these alternatives are not options.

I was going to recommend treatment for all your disorders, but may be it is best that you start with treatment for you OCD, so you, even if depressed or full of anxiety can do, easy work.

If I were you I would have contacted the Sanitarians, the Red Cross, a Church or some other organizations and laid it all on their table. Do they know about therapists that can help? Do they have some activities to offer that you can do as a volunteer?

I hope you find somebody who can give you advice in a face to face situation. Do not be afraid to ask for help. Millions upon millions of people suffer from Emotional Problems (the so called "Mental Disorders"). You are not alone!

"Brain Lock, Twentieth Anniversary Edition: Free Yourself from Obsessive-Compusive Behavior" by Jeffery M. Schwartz

"Unlearning Anxiety & Depression: The 4-Step Self-Coaching Program to Reclaim Your Life"
by Joseph J. Luciani

You will be in my thoughts! I wish you good luck with moving on in your life. ☺ It is never too late. Take the time you need!
Thanks for the advice..🤩

T

Taffy

Thanks for the comment..🌈