• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I am Afraid too....

112inky

Hi folks... I am Putting on weight and this adds on to my depression more...it doesnt seem that i am eating more... can anyone help me????:(:(

keepsafe

keepsafe

Can you talk to your Dr about it, are you on any anti depressants? I understand.

KS

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
It might be your medication - some causes bloating and water retention.

Also when some people are depressed they sit around a lot more so the more inactive you are the less calories you are burning. Personally I'm the opposite and pace around the house all day!

Try not to concentrate too much on your weight, the more you obsess about it the more you will want to eat.

112inky

Hmm.. i discussed with my doctor but he is saying this medication is not the reason... i am getting a inferiority complex friends... i feel bad to go out...

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J I think I'm starting to become too afraid to eat now.... Eating Disorders Forum 6
mjanicedr Afraid of going back, but too scared of help. Eating Disorders Forum 1
K Afraid to eat after food not feeling like its gone down and stuck Eating Disorders Forum 4
E afraid of slipping back into bad habits: exercise and type 1 diabetes Eating Disorders Forum 3
S Afraid of tasting food Eating Disorders Forum 4
C afraid Eating Disorders Forum 9
P Afraid to eat food Eating Disorders Forum 6
P PLEASE HELP afraid to eat? Eating Disorders Forum 4
Purplesloth I am worried that the amount that I eat is too much Eating Disorders Forum 12
L Too cheap to spend money on food Eating Disorders Forum 8
T Hi All... it's been a while... And I'm back not doing too good Eating Disorders Forum 4
I'm Kate want my heart to stop but scared too Eating Disorders Forum 2
amathus You have an Eating Disorder ~ do you self harm too? Eating Disorders Forum 11
RainbowHeartz How too..... Eating Disorders Forum 4
B Everything is too much :/ Eating Disorders Forum 2
F Young women's stark choice: be utterly obsessed with food or be considered too fat Eating Disorders Forum 4
T Ow ow ow ow, eaten too much! Eating Disorders Forum 7
M Too scared to drink tea/coffee Eating Disorders Forum 1
T too big to leave the house Eating Disorders Forum 14
T Not feeling too great this morning.... Eating Disorders Forum 4
T too tired to act normal Eating Disorders Forum 26
prairiechick Terrified I ate too much Eating Disorders Forum 6
I i feel too fat ! Eating Disorders Forum 2
supersweep Weigh too much.! Eating Disorders Forum 10
A Too scared to tell anyone about ED? Eating Disorders Forum 3