• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I’ve relapsed into self harm and drug abuse

I

ItsLewis

I have been dealing with depression and anxiety for many years now, self harm and drug use became second nature to me at one point. I had it under control until December when my grandad died and then I started to spiral, I started to get help through therapy and medication and I felt so much better. However the last week or two I have found myself using cocaine again to try and stop myself self harming. Hoping someone can give me better coping mechanisms?

H

Hannahjay85

How does it help you hun the cocaine,

H

Hannahjay85

It's a quick fix isn't it, but it's the secret devil, I'm here if you need to talk been there hun

Z

Zoe1

hi Lewis :welcome: !

there is also a drug and alcohol substances abuse forum
further down the forum list
for some extra help if you like to check it out

:grouphug:🐢🍀🌝

J

Johntron9999

I have been dealing with depression and anxiety for many years now, self harm and drug use became second nature to me at one point. I had it under control until December when my grandad died and then I started to spiral, I started to get help through therapy and medication and I felt so much better. However the last week or two I have found myself using cocaine again to try and stop myself self harming. Hoping someone can give me better coping mechanisms?
You need a substitute keep trying the list of antidepressants, and let diet and exercise.aybe even natural suppliments like saffron or ashwaghanda. You can't keep doing coke I'll killbur dopamine receptors and your going to need more and more and eventually u won't get relief... Stop doing coke and heal and give ur brain synapses time to repair. And try meds and the above I mentioned and u will find something works eventually. Coke works to fast to soon and I'll just crash eventually you have to take ur time and try the list of other substitutions it's much safer.... Don't give up keep trying treatments

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi @ItsLewis I'm very sorry to hear you're struggling. Sending you some love and understanding.

About the coke, no judgement from me. We are all taking some risks, we're all falling back on some risky behaviors whether that's drinking, food, spending, drugs, gatherings or whatever. In part because due to Covid, we've been deprived of coping strategies that were healthier and worked. I mention this because I believe you can use some compassion and kindness. I'm afraid without it, you might fall into a blame-shame spiral.

You did ask for ideas for how to maintain and manage. I'm attending up to 4 support groups each week, online. I need help from people who get what I'm struggling with and care about me, they help me get through each week (sometimes, each day). Perhaps you can attend groups for SH/SI and substances.