• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I’ve been in trouble at work again.

M

Mr S

I’m literally on my last chance at work for my behaviour.

I was brutally bullied when I was younger and this has affected me, big time.

I’ve been feeling really down lately, this doesn’t excuse my behaviour, sometimes it’s appalling.

Today at work when I first started, some people who I don’t like and I know don’t like me, were talking amongst each other and laughing and looking my way. I went over and said "what the f**k did you say... let’s have it then"!

I walked away from the situation. 10 minutes later my boss comes storming around and gives me a right telling off.

She said "if you have a problem come and see me". I don’t think they’re taking it any further, but this is the 3rd time something like this has happened.

A few days ago I was having a conversation with one of my co workers, she’s a woman.
We were sharing past stories. I told her that I used to have a problem with Amphetamine and Ecstasy. She told me she used to have a problem with heroin and crack. She said "please don’t tell anyone, cause you know how people like to judge”

I was off yesterday and didn’t see her, but today when I seen her she came stomping around accusing me for telling people about her past drug problems.

Hand on heart I didn’t utter a word to anyone!

She told me where to go and doesn’t want anything else to do with me!

What a day, I’ve had!

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m literally on my last chance at work for my behaviour.

I was brutally bullied when I was younger and this has affected me, big time.

I’ve been feeling really down lately, this doesn’t excuse my behaviour, sometimes it’s appalling.

Today at work when I first started, some people who I don’t like and I know don’t like me, were talking amongst each other and laughing and looking my way. I went over and said "what the f**k did you say... let’s have it then"!

I walked away from the situation. 10 minutes later my boss comes storming around and gives me a right telling off.

She said "if you have a problem come and see me". I don’t think they’re taking it any further, but this is the 3rd time something like this has happened.

A few days ago I was having a conversation with one of my co workers, she’s a woman.
We were sharing past stories. I told her that I used to have a problem with Amphetamine and Ecstasy. She told me she used to have a problem with heroin and crack. She said "please don’t tell anyone, cause you know how people like to judge”

I was off yesterday and didn’t see her, but today when I seen her she came stomping around accusing me for telling people about her past drug problems.

Hand on heart I didn’t utter a word to anyone!

She told me where to go and doesn’t want anything else to do with me!

What a day, I’ve had!
Sorry to hear that things have been rocky for you at work lately. Maybe it’s better for the next little while to keep more to yourself? Best wishes to you.
xo, j

Z

Zoe1

maybe there were hidden microphones in the place

I think I was jeered at by a teenage boy in the street today
these days I know how to not react
and to know that it really will be his problem

I also get confrontational if I dont talk to any one for support

:grouphug: 🎼 🛸

M

Mr S

Sorry to hear that things have been rocky for you at work lately. Maybe it’s better for the next little while to keep more to yourself? Best wishes to you.
xo, j
Yeah I think keeping myself to myself seems to be a good idea.

M

Mr S

maybe there were hidden microphones in the place

I think I was jeered at by a teenage boy in the street today
these days I know how to not react
and to know that it really will be his problem

I also get confrontational if I dont talk to any one for support

:grouphug: 🎼 🛸
I need to think this way, my life would be much easier.

Z

Zoe1

yes try and get some support
there might even be support attached to your workplace

M

Mr S

yes try and get some support
there might even be support attached to your workplace
We had Man Heath in last year it’s a charity. I still think they’re involved with my work.

D

Dice

It would probably be a good idea to arrange a meeting with your boss to try and explain things. If you can get across that this is a mental health issue then they SHOULD be more understanding of things and less likely to swing the axe. It would also give you the chance to explain why you have reacted to things the way you have; that you know you reacted the wrong way, and that you'd be open to any help on offer if it were made available. At the very least this would cover your own back a little on the disciplinary side if anything were to transpire in the future. In the meantime (and I don't know your history) it seems like working on reducing stress and managing your anger are priorities for the short-term and long-term would be working through the issues still bothering you from your past. But above all, don't brush it under the carpet and expect it to go away - it won't. Confront the problem and attempt to deal with it. (Further brownie points if you could even apologize to the people you yelled at. You may not like them and they may not like you, but you can still take the high road.)

I

indigo6

Its understandable you cant tolerate what looks like sniping behaviour. I would do the same.
As for telling secrets. Dont. Or let people tell you theres unless you state clearly that if they have told anyone beore you dont blame you if it comes back. People are feckin horrible.

M

Mr S

It would probably be a good idea to arrange a meeting with your boss to try and explain things. If you can get across that this is a mental health issue then they SHOULD be more understanding of things and less likely to swing the axe. It would also give you the chance to explain why you have reacted to things the way you have; that you know you reacted the wrong way, and that you'd be open to any help on offer if it were made available. At the very least this would cover your own back a little on the disciplinary side if anything were to transpire in the future. In the meantime (and I don't know your history) it seems like working on reducing stress and managing your anger are priorities for the short-term and long-term would be working through the issues still bothering you from your past. But above all, don't brush it under the carpet and expect it to go away - it won't. Confront the problem and attempt to deal with it. (Further brownie points if you could even apologize to the people you yelled at. You may not like them and they may not like you, but you can still take the high road.)
Thank you. That’s really good advice. I was on the sick for a while at the start of the year. That’s when my work became aware of my condition. I didn’t exactly go into depth though, I didn’t tell them how bad it is.

M

Mr S

Its understandable you cant tolerate what looks like sniping behaviour. I would do the same.
As for telling secrets. Dont. Or let people tell you theres unless you state clearly that if they have told anyone beore you dont blame you if it comes back. People are feckin horrible.
I’ve learnt my lesson lesson there. I’ll keep my personal life to myself.

M

Mr S

The woman who accused me of telling people about her secrets, came up to me today and gave me a cuddle and said that she was wrong and said sorry... firstly she came well beyond the 2 metre rule... secondly I was too pi**ed off to care about anything she had to say... although I was actually happy she said sorry.

Water under the bridge!

I

indigo6

Yeah be careful anyway ok.

P

Purpleplum

Never confront people at work. Be cool and calm. You're just feeding into their behavior by going off on them and it turns against you.

Never tell things to people you wouldn't want repeated especially at work. People don't keep secrets.

Never let someone you work with cuddle you at work.