• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I’m very isolated

Imverytired123

Imverytired123

Hi
Im not really sure how best to write this but I’m going to try
I’ve suffered from depression and anxiety since I was young these days I can usually manage it okay but lately I’ve been really struggling
I have friends and family but I don’t really have anyone who I can talk to about my mental health my family and I aren’t close and these days my friends aren’t either
I feel very lonely and after suffering panic attacks over the last 3 weeks I called a doctor, he prescribed me some medication but he didn’t really seem to care to much which-was hard to deal with as I really feel as though I have to face this alone but I don’t think I can anymore
I use to self harm and I don’t anymore but I have very intrusive thoughts of hurting/ killing myself
Don’t worry as I don’t want to do that and have no plans to do so but it’s on my mind a lot and that’s hard to cope with
Some of me feels as though I don’t belong in this world and I just don’t know what direction to go in anymore

jajingna

jajingna

Sorry to hear all this. It can be hard to talk about these sorts of things, seems like many people would rather not. It's easy to write them out, anonymously online.

Welcome to the forum.

Imverytired123

Imverytired123

Sorry to hear all this. It can be hard to talk about these sorts of things, seems like many people would rather not. It's easy to write them out, anonymously online.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you 😊

DistantOcean

DistantOcean

Hey Imverytired123, I sort of know what you feel like. I am also very isolated. I have only been for a walk once in the past two weeks and that's about it for my social contact. It really sucks to feel so lonely. If I were you I would firstly try and reach out to anyone who you only sort of have been friends with to see if they are willing to spend some time with you. Maybe you have a Facebook account to do so. Other than that you could see if there are any group activities for people with similar problems. Or more generally you could try and join a club. I understand doing so isn't easy, especially in these times but it doesn't hurt to reach out. After all a solution will probably not present itself just like that. You have to be proactive when considering your own well-being. Feel free to contact me if there's anything you want to talk about.

T

treasurebox

Know that there will be better days for you. You may write a journal. Having a journal is like having a best friend where you can let out all your thoughts and feelings.

Also, listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube helps. Music is therapeutic. Listen as often as you can.

Imverytired123

Imverytired123

Hey Imverytired123, I sort of know what you feel like. I am also very isolated. I have only been for a walk once in the past two weeks and that's about it for my social contact. It really sucks to feel so lonely. If I were you I would firstly try and reach out to anyone who you only sort of have been friends with to see if they are willing to spend some time with you. Maybe you have a Facebook account to do so. Other than that you could see if there are any group activities for people with similar problems. Or more generally you could try and join a club. I understand doing so isn't easy, especially in these times but it doesn't hurt to reach out. After all a solution will probably not present itself just like that. You have to be proactive when considering your own well-being. Feel free to contact me if there's anything you want to talk about.
Hay
Thank you for your reply
I’m really sorry to hear you have been very isolated aswell I really hope things get better for you soon
That advice is very helpful
It’s just hard as I feel I don’t relate to people very well and I really struggle to make friends
It would be nice to find a club maybe once lockdown is over
I was sort of thinking about talking to a therapist but I don’t want to waste anyone’s time I know that’s not a good outlook to have but I know there are people who need it more

Imverytired123

Imverytired123

Know that there will be better days for you. You may write a journal. Having a journal is like having a best friend where you can let out all your thoughts and feelings.

Also, listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube helps. Music is therapeutic. Listen as often as you can.
Thank you for your reply
I think I might try a journal I’ve had a few in the past I just struggle to keep up with them and thank you for the idea about music as well I love music so it’s much appreciated

Imverytired123

Imverytired123

Th
There's a section for that here if you want to use that. I find it's a good way to explore thoughts and feelings, and I like writing anyway.
thank you that’s good to know. I might give it a try

K

karl7

Hi
I’ve suffered from depression and anxiety since I was young these days I can usually manage it okay but lately I’ve been really struggling
I have friends and family but I don’t really have anyone who I can talk to about my mental health my family and I aren’t close and these days my friends aren’t either
I feel very lonely and after suffering panic attacks over the last 3 weeks I called a doctor, he prescribed me some medication but he didn’t really seem to care to much which-was hard to deal with as I really feel as though I have to face this alone but I don’t think I can anymore
I use to self harm and I don’t anymore but I have very intrusive thoughts of hurting/ killing myself
Don’t worry as I don’t want to do that and have no plans to do so but it’s on my mind a lot and that’s hard to cope with
Some of me feels as though I don’t belong in this world and I just don’t know what direction to go in anymore
hi @Imverytired123 ....i have bad depression myself too....you just got to remember that the depression will pass, you will get better....when youre feeling like that, just take it as easy as you possibly can, relax, watch the tv.....and keep up posting here on the forum for support

Imverytired123

Imverytired123

hi @Imverytired123 ....i have bad depression myself too....you just got to remember that the depression will pass, you will get better....when youre feeling like that, just take it as easy as you possibly can, relax, watch the tv.....and keep up posting here on the forum for support
Hey I’m really sorry to hear you’ve been having a hard time as well thank you for the advice I hope things get better for you soon

M

Miho

I was sort of thinking about talking to a therapist but I don’t want to waste anyone’s time I know that’s not a good outlook to have but I know there are people who need it more
Reading this made me sad. You would not be wasting anyones time by talking to a therapist. Your time and well being is just as important as mine or anyone elses for that matter.
Please put yourself at the same level as the rest of us. You are important.

P

pixi

Hi
Hi, I feel isolated too. If you want someone to chat to please feel free to pm me x