• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I’m so sensitive

K

Khaledmohamed

2 years ago, i met my best friend and we accepted each others and had mang beautiful moments together. He have a GF and i accepted it, he was giving me all of his time because she was so far from him. 6 months ago, he started to give all of his attention to her and when i asked him about that surprised thing, he said that she is worth for his attention than me!!! Why?? I always gives him attention, care and i always treats him while she is not!!!. And finally he chose her? . He changed 180 degree from me!.. i feel now like i build a beautiful home and suddenly the earthquake take it off.

D

Deleted member 91323

Hello Khaled and welcome to the forum. It is so hurtful your friend has chosen his girlfriend over you. It is possible for him to be close to you both. I know some people neglect all friends when they fall in love which is not healthy for them. I do not think you are too sensitive. I think you have every reason to feel hurt.

K

katwomyn3

It sounds as if he very insensitive, and to be honest was using you. You seem to be a very emphatic person, and you place your gifts onto someone who simply wanted someone to be there for THEM. And his statement, that you were less important, or your efforts to be a good friend to him did not matter much to him was very insensitive and selfish. Over time, you will need to experience people who are not worth your kindness, too late. But, I hope it doesn't keep you from being kind and understanding to other people. Unfortunately, we have to learn who is worth the effort and be wary because of experiences like this. But, I want to tell you this, there is nothing wrong with who you are and what you did for this person, he simply did not appreciate you and used you. This is not a reflection of any kind of failure on your part, it is his for not being a decent person.

T

treasurebox

It is sad to be in that situation but you have to accept it and move on. There will be other people out there who would be available to become your friends, and become better friends.