• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I’m scared

G

gurl2134

Hi all! I’m very upset, I keep having these bad thoughts about not wanting to be with my boyfriend, and that I don’t wand to marry him. It scares me! I don’t want to loose my man, I love him. Like the bad thoughts aren’t upsetting me, it scars me. I don’t want do loose my boyfriend, we’ve been together for two years. Before this week, I was falling more and more in love with him. I’m scared now ☹ I have OCD, ROCD, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi gurl2134, I'm sorry you're struggling with bad thoughts. Do you think your illness has something to do with it or is it a fear of commitment? As a bipolar I know it can be like we are two persons sharing the same body sometimes, even having contradictory thoughts and feelings. Have you spoken to your boyfriend about this? Do you think he would understand? I find that honesty can be a huge relief even if it doesn't always lead to the solution we wanted. Best wishes.

M

ScreamingMime

ScreamingMime

I think I understand what you're feeling, because I've had these manic episodes where I would look at someone I love and respect, but I'll just see this horrible mean person who's judging me and secretly hates me. So when I can identify what I'm feeling and the thoughts those feelings are generating I can combat some of the more crazy thoughts in my head.

So you need to identify why you're feeling that way, and if you're relationship is solid and has lots of love and respect then it's most likely you're dealing with a manic episode. One thing you can do if you're open about your mental disorders is find a good 5 to 10 minute video explaining bipolar and ask your boyfriend to watch it with you.

Maybe also getting space so you can analyze your environment from the outside and see if there's anything you needed to get away from.