I’m really struggling

L

Lifestruggles

I can’t eat a thing, I haven’t eaten a thing for 3 days and I have had not even two meals in a week.
I went to my GP to discuss my mood and he gave me some complan shakes which I haven’t been able to touch. I’m drinking plenty of water to help with headaches.
I feel weak, sad, tired and I just want to cry all the time. I have so much stress in my life currently and I don’t see a way out of this rut. I’ve lost 11Ib since Friday which I think is great but my partner is not happy with me at all. I refuse to eat anything and can’t bring myself to even try

I can’t cope

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
awww im so sorry x :hug: but please please try and eat something
from the sound of it the GP could have been more helpful
if it were me I would go back and maybe take your partner for support x
I am not an expert but you sound very depressed to me
lots and lots of love and welcome x
Lu xxxxx

L

Lifestruggles

awww im so sorry x :hug: but please please try and eat something
from the sound of it the GP could have been more helpful
if it were me I would go back and maybe take your partner for support x
I am not an expert but you sound very depressed to me
lots and lots of love and welcome x
Lu xxxxx
I can’t eat, I’ve had a cereal bar staring at me for the past two days and I can’t bring myself to eat it. I just feel so alone and have spent my days in bed crying and just thinking of different ways out of this. I’m so ready to give up

L

Lunar Lady

Hello Lifestruggles

Glad you've found the forum :hug:

Your post gave me a shiver, reminding me of my best friend at school who developed a serious eating disorder...I remember these conversations.

You CAN eat - you're choosing not to, darling. It feels like you are exercising some form of control and choice by denying yourself - when you're deeply unhappy, that can seem like something to cling to. You can see the weight shedding and part of you is pleased with the impact you're making on your body.....

it's a dangerous and unhealthy illusion.

You will feel increasingly worse in yourself because we can't emotionally cope when we're starving. Your body has no strength and your mind will start to deteriorate. The only direction this can take you is to hospital - feeding tubes and serious organ damage that will create permanent physical problems.....

Start with water and begin to hydrate yourself - a few sips - small amounts, regularly and often. Put a teaspoon of sugar in the glass so your body at least can produce glucose to make you feel better. Start with an orange or similar fruit that you can suck the goodness from...and build up from there.

You FEEL this bad because you're starving, Lifestruggles and the minute you start to hydrate and get some sustenance inside your body, your mood will lift and you'll be better able to cope.

I have linked some phone numbers for you to get support, darling. :hug:

I know it's hard but you MUST make the first step xxxxx

What types of eating disorder are there?

L

Lifestruggles

Hello Lifestruggles

Glad you've found the forum :hug:

Your post gave me a shiver, reminding me of my best friend at school who developed a serious eating disorder...I remember these conversations.

You CAN eat - you're choosing not to, darling. It feels like you are exercising some form of control and choice by denying yourself - when you're deeply unhappy, that can seem like something to cling to. You can see the weight shedding and part of you is pleased with the impact you're making on your body.....

it's a dangerous and unhealthy illusion.

You will feel increasingly worse in yourself because we can't emotionally cope when we're starving. Your body has no strength and your mind will start to deteriorate. The only direction this can take you is to hospital - feeding tubes and serious organ damage that will create permanent physical problems.....

Start with water and begin to hydrate yourself - a few sips - small amounts, regularly and often. Put a teaspoon of sugar in the glass so your body at least can produce glucose to make you feel better. Start with an orange or similar fruit that you can suck the goodness from...and build up from there.

You FEEL this bad because you're starving, Lifestruggles and the minute you start to hydrate and get some sustenance inside your body, your mood will lift and you'll be better able to cope.

I have linked some phone numbers for you to get support, darling. :hug:

I know it's hard but you MUST make the first step xxxxx

What types of eating disorder are there?
Thankyou for your reply.
I just can’t do it, I’ve tried so much. I’m still drinking water to keep myself hydrated but that’s as far as I can take it.
I just want out of this life now, I can’t take anymore - I feel emotionally and physically drained and I don’t want to go hospital because I’ll just run away I know I will.
I feel like I need help but I don’t want it, doesn’t make any sense I know but I just feel stuck. I can’t ease this pain anymore

M

Mary26

If you want to live, consider going to the hospital where they can feed you introvenously to keep you alive. If you don't, please reach out to someone who you can talk to because whatever you are going through is temporary. How do I know that? Because the only thing we can absolutely count on in this life is change. (((Hugs)))

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

When you're sipping on water take little bits of food and wash down with it.If you keep doing that eventually your stomach will stretch back out and your appetitie will increase.

I prevented hospitalization by doing this,it does work.

Also,if you have not eaten anything at all in 3 days then pretty soon you will begin seeing stars and maybe even fainting when you stand up.If you have only had 2 meals in a week then you are getting close to the point where you will end up taking a trip to the hospital.You can continue this route or force yourself to eat,it's up to you but either way,the hospital or on your own you will be eating soon.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Hey @Lifestruggles

I hope the 11 lbs was a typo because not only would it be nearly impossible without extreme vomiting and diarrhea and sickness but also very dangerous.

It would be water weight if it's that much and not loss of body fat.And that would mean severe dehydration,which you would need to go to the hospital for.

My husband used to have an illness that prevented him from eating.He ended up hospitalized many times due to dehydration.Without IV's to replace what his body needed he would have severe body cramps and was very seriously ill.

Have you contacted your GP about the quick weight loss?It sounds pretty serious and I think you should.

S

sabrinaa_lee

Hello <3. Sorry this is late, I literally just joined. First of all, I just want to say that I'm so sorry for all the pain you're going through. I can empathize from my own personal struggles with an eating disorder, and how hard it is to bring yourself to eat. It sucks. It's hell. I know. But you can recover. It's definitely not easy, but once all the pain is over, life becomes so much better. Trust me. But if you don't get help, you're going to die. You might not care, but others will. You matter. You are worthy of love, life, and good health. Please, talk to somebody, open up, and get some sort of therapy. Eat that cereal bar, and distract yourself by watching tv or eating with your partner. You are stronger than this, you just have to realize. <3 It's hard, but it wll be worth it. I know from experience.

megirl

megirl

Hi hey sounds like you are more suicidal than anything we do care, here at the forum the less we eat then the more our brains start to shut down and the more it feels like life's not worth it, the less we feed our brain the worse things will feel, believe me life can be better and it will, what has been happening in your life right now? We are here to help xx lots of love megirl