I’m really scared and I don’t know what to do?

C

Cbrown123

Hey so I am new to this website, so I’m not totally sure how this works. Anyways, I’ve been really anxious recently about my existence. A little over a week ago I was triggered by the different theories about life. Some of those theories being the simulation theory, being alone in a simulation, solipsism, etc. these theories caused me to panic very badly. It made me really upset because there is no way to know for sure what this life really is. Then I started researching things and I started thinking even crazier shit. Some things I am thinking are

What if my family was replaced by robots?
What if I’m being tested?
What if I’m being tracked and watched?
What if I was abducted by aliens and they chipped me and are now watching me?
What if my family was abducted and replaced by aliens?

Like these are really crazy thoughts that are making me feel very upset. It’s not like I full on believe them, but I’m not totally not believing them either. If there are so many uncertainties in life, what makes me think these thoughts I’m having couldn’t be happening? I’m very worried that I am going insane. I know people say that if you question if you are going insane it means your not. But last night I read that it is possible for someone with schizophrenia to kind of be aware of what’s happening. Is that true? And if I’m becoming schizophrenic, will it get worse? Will I start really believing these thoughts? Will I start hearing and seeing things? I’m so scared.

E

Edinscotbrit

First off , none of those technologies exist to replace people with robots. We are not technologically advanced enough.
Why would you be tracked and watched? Are you in receipt of any special government papers or information that the powers that be might be interested in? I`m assuming not.
You may be watching too many science fiction movies, with all the satellites, space station ISS, tracking stations, radars etc.If there was such a thing you and the whole world would know by now.
It does sound like a degree of paranoia, so I would, if you`re not already, make an appointment with your Doctor to get an assessment.

M

missme

I would recommend listening to YouTube they have some fantastic clips on there lots of resources to learn from

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you're having these experiences, it must be difficult at times I'm sure. Believe it or not, there are times where I feel like I'm being watched, like there are hidden cameras etc that I don't know about, but I'm usually able to dismiss these thoughts as I'm sure no one would really want to watch me and my life unfolding. Have you ever considered seeing a counsellor to discuss these thoughts and try to get to the bottom of them? Visiting a doctor might be the first step to recovery as they can hopefully provide you with helpful resources. I hope this helps! x

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I think lost of people get similar thoughts what with cameras being everywhere we look. We are really in the Orwellian 1984 era . A few years ago I was hospitalised because of my conspiracy thoughts and even now I won’t have anything like an Alexa device in my home because I basically don’t trust them. At the moment your still in the ‘what if’ state which is quite common but if goes further and it changes to ‘they are’ then it could be more of paranoia. Is there anyone that you can talk rationally about your fears to. I am sure there are others on here that have similar fears.

M

missme

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you're having these experiences, it must be difficult at times I'm sure. Believe it or not, there are times where I feel like I'm being watched, like there are hidden cameras etc that I don't know about, but I'm usually able to dismiss these thoughts as I'm sure no one would really want to watch me and my life unfolding. Have you ever considered seeing a counsellor to discuss these thoughts and try to get to the bottom of them? Visiting a doctor might be the first step to recovery as they can hopefully provide you with helpful resources. I hope this helps! x
I totally relate to your experience elliepage, years ago when I was unwell.. I thought your message has really helpful points. Well done X

A

Ambivalence

As someone who has studied philosophy, maybe I could help.

I remember one of Stephen Hawking’s arguments around the idea that the world might not be real. He compared reality to a fish bowl. Imagine that the fish was smart enough to figure out the physics of the objects around it. The thing is, because it’s inside a bowl, the objects movements are warped, but on the fish’s practical standpoint, it’s not reality but the fish still predicts the object as useful to their perspective.

Even if reality is not real as we think, it doesn’t mean as much emotionally or practically as you think. Even when we read fictional stories, we can still cry when a main character dies or start jumping over joy for a victory. Whatever it is, something is real about the world or you wouldn’t be experiencing all these emotions. The origin might be unknown, but the emotions are the ones that are truly real here.

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

I totally relate to your experience elliepage, years ago when I was unwell.. I thought your message has really helpful points. Well done X
Thank you very much! It's nice to know I can help someone, even if only a little bit :) x