I’m really battling to see what’s real or not

T

Tvgirl

Do I really have schizophrenia? Today when I was at the store everyone was talking about me. It all feels real to me. The only question I have for myself is how is there a hidden camera on me and I don’t know or can’t feel it. Also if I have a camera or microphone in my ear how can people see me? They can’t see past skin.

E

EstherRose94

I think it would be unlikely that everyone was talking about you. What did it seem like they were saying?

Do you have any grounding techniques to use?

T

Tvgirl

I think it would be unlikely that everyone was talking about you. What did it seem like they were saying?

Do you have any grounding techniques to use?
It wasn’t everyone but it was around 10 people. No I don’t have any grounding techniques. Can you explain to me what those are?

E

EstherRose94

It wasn’t everyone but it was around 10 people. No I don’t have any grounding techniques. Can you explain to me what those are?
So one example is 5 4 3 2
Like name five things you can see right now, 4 you can feel, 3 you hear, something you taste or smell.

It helps get you focused on this moment right now.

Or if you talk to a friend on the phone or talk to your pet even.

Anything that gets you focused outward to what is around you instead of inward to your thoughts.

T

Tvgirl

Ok can I ask you a question? Is schizophrenia like a walking nightmare?

So one example is 5 4 3 2
Like name five things you can see right now, 4 you can feel, 3 you hear, something you taste or smell.

It helps get you focused on this moment right now.

Or if you talk to a friend on the phone or talk to your pet even.

Anything that gets you focused outward to what is around you instead of inward to your thoughts.

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
Hey @Tvgirl don’t think I’ve met you before so a big hello and welcome from me.
I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia back in 2009 and can certainly relate to some of what you’ve described. We can’t diagnose you though, only a qualified professional can do that.
I noticed you asked if schizophrenia is like a walking nightmare... in short, some things like paranoia and hallucinations and delusions can be frightening for the person experiencing it, however given the right treatment and lifestyle, individuals with schizophrenia can live enjoyable lives the same as everyone else.

T

Tvgirl

Hey @Tvgirl don’t think I’ve met you before so a big hello and welcome from me.
I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia back in 2009 and can certainly relate to some of what you’ve described. We can’t diagnose you though, only a qualified professional can do that.
I noticed you asked if schizophrenia is like a walking nightmare... in short, some things like paranoia and hallucinations and delusions can be frightening for the person experiencing it, however given the right treatment and lifestyle, individuals with schizophrenia can live enjoyable lives the same as everyone else.
Ok thankyou

E

EstherRose94

It could cause pretty convincing sights and sounds that aren’t really there. But yes with treatment you can control those

Inter Vivos

Inter Vivos

Do I really have schizophrenia? Today when I was at the store everyone was talking about me. It all feels real to me. The only question I have for myself is how is there a hidden camera on me and I don’t know or can’t feel it. Also if I have a camera or microphone in my ear how can people see me? They can’t see past skin.
Don't worry Tvgirl. I can tell that you are suffering from what you write. I had 40+ years of schizophrenia and it is absolutely awful.

You ask "...how is there a hidden camera on me and I don't know or can't feel it. Also if I have a camera or microphone in my ear how can people see me? They can't see past skin."

The "hidden camera on you" is an idea/concept of general understanding. It occupies the minds of certain people, and means that a working camera is observing and recording a particular person or group of persons, or any other event that the operator of the camera wishes to observe. It does not generally mean that a hidden camera is on your body or within your body, though that idea is not excluded. If you had a hidden camera in your ear, you could detect it by using two mirrors to view the inside of your ear. Or by attempting to feel for it with your finger.

It is at this point that someone may think "hang on, cameras can be made very small and it may have radio transmitter capability". We can be safe if we develop a pure and innocent mind.

I believe, because I have proved it to myself, that a way out of this condition (schizophrenia) is: by continuously thinking about and questioning ourselves and the world. You are doing well in your struggles.