I’m new here - does anyone else suffer with severe health anxiety?

L

loveblonde

I’m really at my worst just now. I have battled my invisible disability for 7 years now and my health anxiety is seriously at the worst it’s ever been. I can’t sleep from worrying and anytime I do eventually doze off, I’m awoken by a panic attack and the feeling of dying.....

Victorianna

Victorianna

Sorry to hear this. I have had health anxiety in the past, so I know what it’s like. Are you having actual health problems, or are you just in fear of them?

margykira1982

margykira1982

Hi, im a really bad sufferer from health anxiety, i tend to worry about everything, i have just referred myself back to therapy. I get all the physical symptoms. It is hard to control the worrying sometimes. So your not alone with health anxiety, my name is margy, only joined last night.

C

cclg

Hi, I’m new. And yes you are not alone. Any small pain or ache I feel, I resort to the worst. At the moment I fear I have something wrong with my spine or brain. Last week I was convinced I had a heart problem. It’s a vicious cycle and debilitating.

Hang in there, we need to fight these demons (as I call them) in our head. I know we can get through it. We just need a little help...:grouphug:

margykira1982

margykira1982

Your right cclg, i am always convinced i have something seriously wrong with me. I am always thinking too what if my GP has missed something as she puts everything down to anxiety. It is a vicious cycle. Has anyone ever tried CBT Therapy.

N

natalie

Hi, Loveblonde,

I would seriously suggest and you live in the UK, make an appointment with your GP, explain that you have severe health anxiety.

Now I have just commenced/started up to take Pregabalin, and for a specific anxiety which i had, this med is marvellous. I haven't become severely anxious at all.

Or alternatively, see the GP and ask for a referral to the community mental health team, and they can assses you and point you forward in the right direction, or if it came to it, contact the crisis team who are attatched within the mental health community team, and they will do an urgent visit call to your home, to assess you , and take things from there.

Take care now.

C

cclg

Your right cclg, i am always convinced i have something seriously wrong with me. I am always thinking too what if my GP has missed something as she puts everything down to anxiety. It is a vicious cycle. Has anyone ever tried CBT Therapy.
I actually have an appointment with a psychologist scheduled for this coming Monday. I had a chat with her yesterday and she said she wants to try CBT as she believes it can help. I’ll let you know how that first visit goes!

J

james7777

Hi lovelyblonde

I am going through a period of health anxiety myself at the moment as part of general anxiety and it's tough I can't see to put my phone down for constantly googling a range of symptoms that has me suffering from every ailment under the sun

Deep down I know it's my mind playing tricks and I cling to that I hope things get easier for you

L

Loveandkindness

I hope you get better soon,
CBT is actually very helpful for anxiety more so than depression so I would suggest going to that and see if that helps. Its not for everyone but give it your all

Also look for some health anxiety meditations online they can be really helpful. The worst thing about health anxiety is how crazy some of the symptoms that can manifest from it, they're terrible and actually real. Hang in there find a GP who will explore all your symptoms and that you trust.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Introduce Yourself 6
D Introduce Yourself 6
LouisaMogs Introduce Yourself 4
P Introduce Yourself 5
A Introduce Yourself 5