• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I’m in a horrible anxiety attack

WitchHazel

WitchHazel

I’m in this horrible anxiety attack.
My boyfriend is angry with me. He has been since yesterday when i screwed up... anyway it’s legit, it’s my mistake and I accept that.

But I don’t know if our relationship is ok. He’s not talking to me. I haven’t slept all night.

My insides hurt and I feel like puking. I want to escape. Run away. Flee! I am ripping myself apart inside with self loathing and self contempt.

I can’t handle this, I don’t know how I’ve borne it for the past 36 hours. Breathing is off kilter. I have taken emerge medication.

I don’t know what else to do.

I

Intareseid

All I can say is that if/when things settle then you should really talk to him and let him know how important communication is, specially for someone that is anxious.

If you screwed up then he has a right to be upset but there are more mature ways to handle that, for example expressing feelings with actual words. It can be a good idea to take a few hours to cool off or at least channel the anger into something constructive after a heated situation but 36 hours of silence? that's just not how a healthy relationship should work.

WitchHazel

WitchHazel

How are you doing today witchhazel?
Hi
Thanks for asking. :thanks:

I actually find myself less anxious but more in a self destructive state of deeper depression.

He and I talked eventually- but the anxiety I felt had taken on a life of its own and gave way to this dead feeling in my chest- kind of numb and I just wonder what the point is to anything.

I always turn inwards- and I guess that happened- and at some point my major depressive disorder took over since it was there anyway and I realized that I’m not worth all that much so why again am I thinking my boyfriend should even want to be with me? He is still with me- it’s just that I think I get why he doesn’t spend a ton of time with me. Who’d want to? I sure don’t.

So I haven’t slept more than 3 hours a night for roughly a week- I have nightmares and flashbacks to times of abuse and I am wondering and thinking what is it about me that attracts such men? After all that am I suitable for a good relationship? Why should I be so presumptuous as to think I’m worthwhile?

So much doubt- so much dull pain and aching nothingness. I have started taking trazodone 25mg during the day to control my anxiety- it seems to be working- I don’t take it every day.

Sorry for the verbal novel. I am as I am- existing is difficult right now. I’d be sad but I’m too empty for that.

~Hazel~

soul searching

soul searching

Hi Hazel! Only 3 hours of sleep for a week! That sounds dangerous to me. Can you take the Trazadone to help you sleep?(I do)You should go back to your doctor or even the hospital, I think. Are you saying, your current guy is abusing you? If so, get him out or leave, right? Sorry you are in such a bad place.:grouphug:

WitchHazel

WitchHazel

Hi Hazel! Only 3 hours of sleep for a week! That sounds dangerous to me. Can you take the Trazadone to help you sleep?(I do)You should go back to your doctor or even the hospital, I think. Are you saying, your current guy is abusing you? If so, get him out or leave, right? Sorry you are in such a bad place.:grouphug:
Hi

No, my current guy isn’t abusing me. He’s just a bit... scattered and doesn’t know how to help me. I’ve told him I’m self-destructively depressed and he didn’t know what to do with that.
I see my therapist in a week and I will tell her- I do take the trazadone at night to sleep but it doesn’t help- I take it with seroquel. If I take more than what I currently take, I can’t function during the day so I’m kind of stuck.
I’m honestly frightened of going to the hospital- 1-because of covid, 2-because they might admit me again 3-because they might not admit me again (I know, conflicting, right?)
Also, I live by myself. So there’s no one to care for my dog should I be admitted... Except maybe my family- but they would be reluctant and angry that I ended up admitted. They do not understand. They would see my dog as a burden.
And so I find myself in a bit of a hard place.

E

EclipticNight

Hi
Thanks for asking. :thanks:

I actually find myself less anxious but more in a self destructive state of deeper depression.

He and I talked eventually- but the anxiety I felt had taken on a life of its own and gave way to this dead feeling in my chest- kind of numb and I just wonder what the point is to anything.

I always turn inwards- and I guess that happened- and at some point my major depressive disorder took over since it was there anyway and I realized that I’m not worth all that much so why again am I thinking my boyfriend should even want to be with me? He is still with me- it’s just that I think I get why he doesn’t spend a ton of time with me. Who’d want to? I sure don’t.

So I haven’t slept more than 3 hours a night for roughly a week- I have nightmares and flashbacks to times of abuse and I am wondering and thinking what is it about me that attracts such men? After all that am I suitable for a good relationship? Why should I be so presumptuous as to think I’m worthwhile?

So much doubt- so much dull pain and aching nothingness. I have started taking trazodone 25mg during the day to control my anxiety- it seems to be working- I don’t take it every day.

Sorry for the verbal novel. I am as I am- existing is difficult right now. I’d be sad but I’m too empty for that.

~Hazel~
You should not be so hard on yourself. I dont believe you are unable to have a relationship. He obviously sees something in you if he is still with you. Anyways im king of being undatable. Ive never kept a relationship no matter how hard i tried. Ill die alone, i dont think you will. Im certain your a lovely woman who has gone through really bad shit and are trying to work through it same as all of us.

I know all about not sleeping. I did that due to a sleep disorder for my schooling days. It sucks. Are you hallucinating yet? I usually start hearing things after a few days. If you want a full nights sleep try staying awake about 30 hours. After that your body will sleep no matter what happens.

soul searching

soul searching

Is there a hotline you can call or can you get a message to your psychologist now, instead of waiting? Lack of sleep is definitely making everything worse. Hoping you can get some sleep.