• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I’m hearing a voice in my head that is commenting on what i do.

Beeboy

Beeboy

(I’m new here so i hope i’m doing this right)

Not that long ago i’ve been hearing a woman’s voice in my head and she’ll comment on what i do, like if i’m watching a video or playing a game.

She’s not mean and i only hear her when i’m really stressed or upset, she can offer advice and will respond to me if i speak out loud to her. is this something i should be worried about?

D

Deleted member 92692

Not that long ago i’ve been hearing a woman’s voice in my head and she’ll comment on what i do, like if i’m watching a video or playing a game.

She’s not mean and i only hear her when i’m really stressed or upset, she can offer advice and will respond to me if i speak out loud to her. is this something i should be worried about?
Is this a recent thing. What age are you?

JessisMe

JessisMe

I don’t think you should be worried about it but you will want to bring it up with your doctor. There may be medication you could take so that it doesn’t start to i’m negatively impact your life. At the very least your doctor will want to know this is happening so he or she can keep an eye on it so that it does not become out of hand. xo, j

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I hear my voice every waking moment, he's in my head like I would hear my own thoughts but these thoughts are completely beyond my control.

Because he was too loud and constant I use medication that lowers the volume to a bearable level, he was also very negative and abusive.

I can't recommend medication to everyone and for many voice hearers it isn't necessary because their voices come in peace but if it does become a problem I'd definitely consult your doctor.

And you can talk to her in your mind and she'll hear you just fine so you don't have to speak out loud, this helps when around others.

Jam1990

Jam1990

Definitely have moments like this. Sometimes I can’t even believe that I’m hearing it. Like how is my brain able to do this to me. I started taking medication, mostly for intrusive paranoid thoughts, but it helps quiet the voices as well I’ve noticed. For me, they aren’t as distracting as I imagine they are for others, but that Is potentially because I’m managing my stress level better these days.

D

Deleted member 92692

Schizophrenia usually presents by late teens early twenties. Rare to find it later.

W

wellness

That is one of the stereotypical Voice behaviors -- commenting on what we do !!
Beware these might be early symptoms .... just Learn to IGNORE the ramblings ... use your own intelligence and DO NOT develop a dependency on your Voices .... they are a malignant manifestation of mental illness though they may try to soothe you etc and say nice things to you. Use your own intelligence to get by and not the advise or things the Voices may tell you.

Cheerio !!