• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I’m getting trauma therapy!

K

Keesha

Apparently I qualify for free trauma counselling/therapy , which I think I am going to take. I’m really scared to get it but know I need it. Tomorrow I’m calling to register for it.

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Well done, I had some and you must be prepared to be very open and honest, its hard work
m

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I do believe trauma therapy was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life.
But well worth it.

I'm glad you are going to do it @Keesha . And that's awesome that it will be free.

K

Keesha

Thank you for the support and encouragement. It’s something I should have had years ago but didn’t.

Due to the crimes I’ve reported, it was recommended I take it and I passed it up since I was getting counselling already but my counsellor today told me to definitely take it. She said I’m suffering from trauma and told me that this counselling is created specifically for it and I would benefit greatly.

I know this isn’t going to be easy but since caring for my parents my symptoms got worse and I started verbally lashing out at people which isn't ok with me.

After this counselling I’m going to get some more free counselling so I’m hopeful.
Hopeful is something I’d forgotten about.
I can do this and I deserve it.

Thank you again. Joining this website has been a great motivator and support.
The membership is wonderful ❤🥰❤

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I agree with others i was ready to pack trauma therapy in because it was so stressful. It caused me to self harm again. But i was persuaded to continue with it. And I’m so glad i did . It was the best thing i ever did but it certainly wasnt easy but once you get beyond “that” part you start to accept what happened and begin to feel better and learn to accept that whatever happened was not your problem but theirs.
Stick with it

bpd2020

bpd2020

You are really brave to agree to the trauma therapy. I think it is going to be very beneficial for you. You have come a long way Keesha. You are now in a position to accept support. You are also supporting others. I can see how much you have grown.

frisas45

frisas45

So... how's the therapy going? Is everything okay? I'm worried about you.