• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I’m beating myself up!

K

Kimm

I’ve struggled with gossiping for years. It all started after close family members were talking bad about me when I was in a bad place. I eventually forgave them.

fast forward , I was at work weeks ago and I spoke badly about a family member (someone I haven’t seen in about 15 years)

yesterday my anxiety crept up and I remembered what I said about that family member.

I always say too much and I’m sure it’s because I deal with social anxiety.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hey don’t be too hard on yourself. Just about everyone gossips. There is a quote I heard once that said, “gossip holds the world together” which I think means with everyone in everyone else’s business all the time everyone becomes tied together: how can anyone get any space? If you gossip badly about someone it’s not so great as it’s not nice to do and could come back to bite you. The desire to vent about family is certainly understandable however. You just want to be careful how you go about it. Because you feel badly about what you have done you can choose to change in the future if you want to. I don’t see this as a big deal, though, just an oops and possibly an opportunity to do better in the future if you’d like. xo, j

K

Kimm

Hey don’t be too hard on yourself. Just about everyone gossips. There is a quote I heard once that said, “gossip holds the world together” which I think means with everyone in everyone else’s business all the time everyone becomes tied together: how can anyone get any space? If you gossip badly about someone it’s not so great as it’s not nice to do and could come back to bite you. The desire to vent about family is certainly understandable however. You just want to be careful how you go about it. Because you feel badly about what you have done you can choose to change in the future if you want to. I don’t see this as a big deal, though, just an oops and possibly an opportunity to do better in the future if you’d like. xo, j
I don’t k

K

Kimm

Have you or has anyone felt awkward because of social anxiety.
I feel when I’m nervous I over talk and say too much . Which leads to gossiping .

B

bebernipes

I have blamed myself a lot for gossiping about my family, and it has caused me a lot of anxiety and a sense of debt to the people I have badmouthed. Gossiping is something natural that happens to everyone, especially when we are in an environment where we seek a certain social conformity. Like, if everybody is gossiping, you need to fit in and sometimes you end up talking too much. The important thing is to recognize when you cross the line and to watch yourself the next time. Don't blame yourself, you are human!