• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I’m back to work on Sunday after a month off.

M

Mr S

I’ve been off work for a month now because of anxiety. I was literally on the edge it was the peak of my anxiety, so I thought you know what? I’m taking a time out!

I’ve been on antidepressants for exactly 2 weeks now and I honestly didn’t realise how depressed I was, by the way that I feel now! I feel much better, but still a little bit fragile because I don’t know how my managers will treat me, or what they’ll say to me, with me being off for a month!

I’m ready to go back though. I’ve never been abroad before, but I’ve got a holiday coming up in May. It’ll be my first time on a plane and I’m super excited. I’ve just been trying to focus on that, rather than negative stuff.

I think once I’ve done a few days at work I’ll feel better. I’ll be really anxious on Sunday morning, but I’ve got do it.

M

MinnieMoo

Well done. It sounds like you are aware of what you need and when it’s time to rest. That’s great you are feeling better. I hope it goes well :)