• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I’m 31 and literally have nothing to look forward to in my life

M

Misssad1111

I have nothing. Other people are in relationships or married, that’s never going to happen. Never going have kids. So basically once you enter the workforce that’s it

Evenly Spaced Tiles

Evenly Spaced Tiles

im sorry ... :hug: hopefully you can feel like you connect with someone also in this position

B

Bod

Former member
You have your whole life ahead of you as your still very young at 31 yrs, you will meet someone who will love you for you and maybe you will get a job in time.

S

SadRainbow

Former member
I have nothing. Other people are in relationships or married, that’s never going to happen. Never going have kids. So basically once you enter the workforce that’s it
You probably won't believe anyone, but you really can't state that with any certainty. Don't try to convince yourself of these things not happening before they've even had a chance.

M

Misssad1111

You have your whole life ahead of you as your still very young at 31 yrs, you will meet someone who will love you for you and maybe you will get a job in time.
I’m so hard to deal with. I’m not like other schizophrenics at all. I find a problem with everything. Nobody will marry me, even I wouldn’t marry me. All these job offers that are spamming me only if 3-6 months of contract. There are no jobs that have more than a year contract. Its bullshit. The education system is HORRIBLE

M

Misssad1111

Who is going to marry me? All I do is cry and then I get frustrated, I’m easily offended. I’m SUCH damaged goods

morpheus01

morpheus01

formerly ht46
I see the only pro in being a well adjusted functioning member of society is that the masses give you respect, Im married but I haven't worked in 10 years, I have schizophrenia also. Ultimately following these stereotypical routes like marriage, work, kids, holidays I don't think will bring happiness only status. Live for yourself and your needs I don't know what happiness is really or how to achieve it and people have pondered over this for hundreds of years, here's a cool quote "a wise man is content with what he has and does not speculate what he has not."

morpheus01

morpheus01

formerly ht46
Its called status anxiety I find it easier to deal with than anxiety of potentially going to hell. And living with regret. Youre not a loser as they call it I am and Im ok with that.

morpheus01

morpheus01

formerly ht46
Anti depressants might help if you aren't on them.

M

Misssad1111

I see the only pro in being a well adjusted functioning member of society is that the masses give you respect, Im married but I haven't worked in 10 years, I have schizophrenia also. Ultimately following these stereotypical routes like marriage, work, kids, holidays I don't think will bring happiness only status. Live for yourself and your needs I don't know what happiness is really or how to achieve it and people have pondered over this for hundreds of years, here's a cool quote "a wise man is content with what he has and does not speculate what he has not."
They don’t respect me. For some reason people think I’m dumb when they look at me. Little do they know I got a whole bunch of A’s