• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I’d like to say sorry x

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I’m feeling a bit bad about how I behaved last night.
There are certain people on here who I am very fond of (you know who you are). Many of you have been struggling and have come close to ending it; I responded badly to this by getting upset and what’s worse letting you know I was upset. I think this could have the effect of making those who are struggling feel guilty about posting here for fear of upsetting me. This was not my intention; in fact I don’t know what my intention was, I wasn’t really thinking at all. Please, please keep posting.
I am okay and will be dealing with things better from now on.
I apologise for my behaviour; to be honest this all rather crept up on me. I had one person I was very fond of od and disappear last weekend and at the time I panicked; then others I am fond of looked like they were going the same way and I got upset. I know this isn’t helpful. I know there are things I cannot control and that my need to save people is not only impractical but quite frankly ridiculous.
I do care for you all and will do my best to help; but I have accepted now that I cannot control what you all think or do. It seems silly when I say it like that; why would I have ever assumed I could? I guess I just wanted you all to be well, which is still what I want, but I do now realise this isn’t in my power; the best I can do is be there for you as much as I can be; and if the worst still happens then well I shouldn’t feel guilty about that as I’ve done what I can.
I really am alright now; and once again sorry for my behaviour. I should have thought this through properly before I even started posting on the forum. I guess I didn’t expect to get as close to people on here as I have. But I’m prepared now and nobody has to worry about upsetting me. This has been a learning exercise, perhaps the most important lesson I could have learnt concerning posting here.
I hope you can all forgive me. :hug:
Thanks S
xxx

W

Waverunner

Personally, I don't think you behaved badly. We are all human and experience feelings in relation to situations. However, it is important to take care of yourself and you've obviously thought about this. I must say though that I found many of your posts last night helpful.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Holy crap you don't need to be sorry, not one little tiny bit. (I'm making finger movements as I type)

It's true that you can't control things but you have proven how much of a nice caring guy you are, especially after staying up all night with me the other night.

What is upsetting me is that you are beating yourself up about something that you really shouldn't be. You did nothing wrong so I order you to stop ok.

xxx

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you Waverunner; I'm going to try and get the self and others balance right from now on as if I don't I'll probably end up having to leave the forum sooner or later with poor health. I think the problem is I'm an all or nothing person; I either invest all of myself into something or nothing at all; and I have invested all I have into this site and the people here, which isn't perhaps a very healthy thing to do. :hug: xxxxxx

:salut:
Thank you Marliee. I would never disobey an order from my beautiful queen-buzzy-bee. lol As you you've probably noticed before when I feel bad or guilty about something I can bang on about it ad nauseam. I just didn't feel I had behaved in the right way; I responded without thinking 1 things through properly. I'll not mention it again, I just need to make sure and keep myself in check in future. :hug: xxxxxxxxx

W

Waverunner

I completely understand and I'd be sorry to see you go so hope you can get the balance right :)