• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hypomania

A

Affective

In the last few hours I think i've become Hypomanic! I'm so hyperactive, in a grrreat mood and happy as a dandy flower :D

Is there any advice you guys can give me so I don't do anything stupid?

emski

emski

Keep it in check if you can. Keep posting, tell someone you trust, try and burn some energy off, steer clear of caffeine, chocolate, alcohol etc. If you have any immediate worries tell someone close who you trust

:grouphug:

A

Affective

I wish I listened to your advice Emski. I ended up getting very, very drunk with my friends and said things that made them give me a strange look. Also was told I was acting arrogant. Then I ended up buying everyone drinks! Along with wanting to go travelling all over the local towns around mine (to get more drunk). I also had an unusual attraction to many girls that I normally find unattractive!

I just had a few hours sleep and I still feel very energetic and keep having lots of thoughts of doing something. Maybe I'll go gym for about 4 hours, better that then spending alllllll my cash!

emski

emski

Ok so you went out and got drunk and blew your cash and were feeling more amourous and sociable - sounds just like hypomania, and sometimes you can't stop it running its course.

Going to the gym sounds like a good way to burn off some of that excess energy, and you will sweat the booze out of your system - make sure you drink plenty of water.

Stay safe :flowers:

A

asiff

I wish I listened to your advice Emski. I ended up getting very, very drunk with my friends and said things that made them give me a strange look. Also was told I was acting arrogant. Then I ended up buying everyone drinks! Along with wanting to go travelling all over the local towns around mine (to get more drunk). I also had an unusual attraction to many girls that I normally find unattractive!

I just had a few hours sleep and I still feel very energetic and keep having lots of thoughts of doing something. Maybe I'll go gym for about 4 hours, better that then spending alllllll my cash!
its not against the law to go out and enjoy yourself

A

Affective

its not against the law to go out and enjoy yourself
I know it's not. But I'm agitated, exhausted and impulsive at the moment.

N

nattyone

community service : get back out there and make some ugly girls feel pretty , not pregnant tho , its slightly different although one can lead to the other.

emski

emski

community service : get back out there and make some ugly girls feel pretty , not pregnant tho , its slightly different although one can lead to the other.
I don't think that's a particularly nice comment, or one that's at all helpful to someone who is currently hypomanic and has just admitted feeling agitated, exhausted and impulsive

N

nattyone

I don't think that's a particularly nice comment, or one that's at all helpful to someone who is currently hypomanic and has just admitted feeling agitated, exhausted and impulsive
im sorry :(

emski

emski

You don't need to be sorry. You might have meant it as a joke. I just didn't like it I'm afraid :redface:

N

nattyone

i did mean it as i joke . im an ugly girl , if a guy smiled at me id smile for a week .

A

Affective

I've decided I can't take this anymore. I'm going to A&E soon to see if they can help me. Is there anything they can give me to calm me down?

N

nattyone

Good luck at the hospital. I'm sure they will be able to give you something to calm you down xxx