Hypnotherapy

F

firemonkee57

Does hypnotherapy work for GAD/social anxiety/phobia ? Because i don't often present with outward physical signs of anxiety(more inner dread/worry) the shrinks don't see it as much of a problem and don't offer much in the way of help.

Sometimes the anxiety sweeps over me so strongly that i can go in minutes from being relatively ok to feel completely mentally and physically drained but a lot of the time it's this regular low grade feeling of dread and worry that's hard to shake off.

S

skyblue

I'm currently interested in alternative therapies for GAD and am also interested in whether or not Hypnotherapy works for this.

Hope to hear of some replies soon.

:flowers:

Castiel

Castiel

Hi,

I went to see a hypnotherapist last year to stop my panic attacks. I had been experiencing severe panic attacks for a long time and nothing was helping.

At the time it was AMAZING. Stopped my panic immediately. It was great not to have those full blown attacks..... HOWEVER 6 months later and i am experiencing physical anxiety symptoms without the actual full blown panic attacks.

So i still get the occasional palpitation, tight chest, tingling, numbness etc, but not to the same extent. I am considering going back for a top up session, but at £60 a go it can become quite expensive.

I would say that it is definitely worthwhile if you get a CD made, and you actually use it. I didnt, and maybe thats why some of my symptoms have returned.

I also got it to stop IBS (stress related) and to motivate me more. It all worked, but has started to re-appear again. I think fighting depression and anxiety is a long one with no fast cures.

Hope that helps.

Cas x

F

firemonkee57

Thanks for the feedback,Castiel. There's no way i can afford £ 60 a session.