• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hypnotherapy

F

firemonkee57

Does hypnotherapy work for GAD/social anxiety/phobia ? Because i don't often present with outward physical signs of anxiety(more inner dread/worry) the shrinks don't see it as much of a problem and don't offer much in the way of help.

Sometimes the anxiety sweeps over me so strongly that i can go in minutes from being relatively ok to feel completely mentally and physically drained but a lot of the time it's this regular low grade feeling of dread and worry that's hard to shake off.

S

skyblue

I'm currently interested in alternative therapies for GAD and am also interested in whether or not Hypnotherapy works for this.

Hope to hear of some replies soon.

:flowers:

Castiel

Castiel

Hi,

I went to see a hypnotherapist last year to stop my panic attacks. I had been experiencing severe panic attacks for a long time and nothing was helping.

At the time it was AMAZING. Stopped my panic immediately. It was great not to have those full blown attacks..... HOWEVER 6 months later and i am experiencing physical anxiety symptoms without the actual full blown panic attacks.

So i still get the occasional palpitation, tight chest, tingling, numbness etc, but not to the same extent. I am considering going back for a top up session, but at £60 a go it can become quite expensive.

I would say that it is definitely worthwhile if you get a CD made, and you actually use it. I didnt, and maybe thats why some of my symptoms have returned.

I also got it to stop IBS (stress related) and to motivate me more. It all worked, but has started to re-appear again. I think fighting depression and anxiety is a long one with no fast cures.

Hope that helps.

Cas x

F

firemonkee57

Thanks for the feedback,Castiel. There's no way i can afford £ 60 a session.