hypnotherapy?

Calisa

Calisa

I wish to look into hypnotherapy in my area, ive done the google search, ive emailed a couple of places with a few basic questions but how can you tell your in safe hands? that the people your wanting help from can actually provide it?

I had one person email me saying they saw my question via another companys website and offered me time line therapy and although the website looked pretty professional how can you tell? I cant afford to be ripped off but I really want to look into this further, any advice?

A

Ainsworth

well you could ask your GP. they may have a list of professionals that do this. the NHS doesnt give this service. also you need to look at real feedback. most people who do this type of therapy will let you meet them, talk you through it before you decide to go ahead. i found my from word of mouth and turned up to see her in action before i booked a private appointment.

also timeline therapy (i thought) was NLP based. (?) if it is, ive done this therapy. i wasnt hypnotised for it.

Calisa

Calisa

Thank you for your reply.

When he emailed me he said "I’m a certified Trainer of and Master Practitioner of Hypnosis, NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and Time Line Therapy and a qualified Counsellor and Reiki Master"

Im very new to this concept so i'll definately read more before i jump in but no one i know personally has had this type of therapy before, he has given me a number to ring to see if his treatment would be beneficial but his website said a session could take up to 3 hours, is that normal?

O

onestepbehind

i went to a hypnosis stage show last night and got up and was put under for a short time i'm now desperatefor more information on the therepy side of things i'm really sure this could be the answer but also not to sure on the whole being ripped off thing or being taken advantage of i think i may talk to my gp i guess they should be able to be impartial all now ust got to get round to going to the gp with my ever expanding list of questions