hypnotherapy

pentagram

pentagram

I have got all sorts of memories which keep popping back into my mind which always depress me. Does anyone know if hypnotherapy would be a good way of treating depression, specifically to try to force memories back all at once and not bit by bit?

maxitab

maxitab

ry to force memories back all at once and not bit by bit?
Do you mean you want to bring them to the surface all at once, or force them down back out of view?

Traumatic memories are recovered piecemeal for a specific reason...forcing them can bring on full psychic collapse. Basically, we remember them as much as we are able to cope with at one time.
I'm not sure hypnotherapy can have this effect, but I would not advise trying to force a memory to surface. Do it gently taking plenty of time to process each memory as it comes......

S

strangerinmoscow

I was also wanting to do this because of abuse that I've always suspected happened when I was a child. But was told to get stronger first to let the mind cope with whatever may have happened. Hypnotherapy can be unpredictable and you may not beable to control how much or how little you want to remember.
Pentagram, are you receiving any other type of therapy?